The Wedding

Lauren stood waiting nervously at the end of the isle. Her breath caught in her throat as the doors open and she saw her beautiful wife to be. Her dress was laced with a train. She had never seen her sparkle so much in her life. She had to check to see if she wasn't drooling as she felt a drop of wetness on her hand. She fixed her tie, the one she had to ask her mother to do since she had no idea where to start.

She looked at Camila as she walked down the isle, only for every memory they've shared flash before her eyes.

------

She saw an image of when she proposed to Camila. At the beach. Lauren had planned to propose to her that day. They had gone to Camila's favourite restaurant before heading down the beach. Lauren had kept the ring burning in her pocket just waiting to be pulled out for Lauren to ask the question. She was finally ready. Camila dropped her phone behind her and Lauren though the moment was right. Before Camila turned around Lauren got down on one knee, reached into her pocket and pulled out the ring. She opened the box with her hands shaking in fear but also excitement.

Camila turned around holding her hand over her mouth as she gasped.

"Camila. I have loved you since the day I met you. We've been dating for 3 years now and I couldn't have asked for anyone better because you are the best. I know I fuck up a lot but you forgive me. Even though I don't deserve it you forgive me. You always have forgiven me. I love you. So Karla Camilla Cabello Estrabao, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Lauren said still on one knee.

Camila didn't even think and said yes straight away. She knew she wanted to be with Lauren for the rest of her life.

"Of course I'll marry you silly" Camila responded as the girl got up from her knees and they locked into a kiss.

------

She watched as Camila's father walked her slowly down the long isle. Lauren just smiled at her wife to be as the veil draped over her face soothingly.

------

Lauren thought back to when her and Camila met. The first best day of many to come. Lauren had gone down to visit her grandparents who lived around 4 hours from where and her family were. She goes down at least three times a year. Since it was so far they never went very often but they tried their hardest to keep in touch wether it was over the phone or email.

Lauren had decided to take a stroll to the town centre with her sketch book. She got there and started sketching the one place she loved and visited every time she came up here. A little meadow that was never noticed or touched even though it was placed in the middle of the town.

She sat down on the bare floor opposite and just started to draw. She sat there for hours just scratching the paper with her different sized pencils.

The wind started to pick up and the town was mostly dead with just a few people scattering about. Just as Lauren was finishing her drawing a gust of strong, forceful wind blew her other drawings all over the place.

She quickly placed down her current drawing and pencils before chasing after her other drawings. She had spent hours and hours on these drawings and didn't want to lose them.

She collected all the ones she had found and looked through them all. She was missing one. Her favourite one. One she spent days on. The drawing of the girl who caught her eye around town. She would see her every time she came up here just roaming around. She always seemed to be alone but never seemed to look upset or sad.

"I think this is yours" a voice said from behind Lauren. She turned to see the girl she had gazed at for years holding her drawing in her hand.

"Uh....thanks" Lauren replied shocked the girl was talking to her.

"You really captured my eyes" Camila said.

"Oh yeah? How about it capture your lips with mine at the end of the date I'm gonna take you on tonight?" Lauren said shocking herself with the words that came out of her mouth.

"See you at 8" is all Camila said before writing something at the back on Lauren's drawing and handing it back to her. After the girl had disappeared around the corner Lauren looked down to see that Camila had written her number at the back of the paper.

------

Camila reached the end of the isle with the biggest smile she's ever had on her face.

"Ready?" Lauren asked.

"Ready" Camila replied.

----

Would've been longer but not feeling it tonight, let me know what you think x