Live

Lauren was in her room as usual, sitting in her bay window and she watched a van pull up into the house next door. New neighbours.

The movers where taking boxes of every size into the house until a car pulled up in the driveway. Lauren placed her phone down on the seat and tried to get a good look that's when her eyes met hers.

A day had gone by and Lauren had tried to sneak a peak at the girl but she hasn't left her house. Lauren we're sat at her computer until she heard giggling. She crept up to the window to see the girl in her room watching something on her laptop. Their windows were almost opposite as if it was planned.

The girl caught her eyes with Lauren's once more. She gave a simple wave and Lauren waved back. All of a sudden the girl walked away and Lauren felt a little disappointed, that was until the girl returned once again with a pen. She started writing something on her window. Her phone number.

Lauren quickly added the number to her phone and opened up messages.

Lauren: Do you always give your numbers to strangers??

Camila: When the stranger is as gorgeous as you, yes.

Lauren: So, do you have a name?

Camila: Yep

Lauren: Well?? What is it??

Camila: Oh you're gonna have to earn that

Lauren: Earn it how??

Camila: Tell me something about yourself

Lauren: I like to read, a lot

Camila: Favourite book??

Lauren: Flowers For Algernon

Camila: Waw, I love that book

Lauren: I've read it backwards

Camila: Camila

Lauren: What??

Camila: My name. It's Camila

Lauren: Lauren

They would text each other non stop, all day everyday until Camila started to notice something.

Camila: Are you in house arrest?

Lauren: No

Camila: It's just I've never seen you outside

Lauren: I'm sick

Camila: Shat do you mean sick? Are you dying??

Lauren: Well not right now

Camila: Seriously, what's going on?

Lauren: I have Severe Combined Immunodeficiency or SCID as I call it

Camila: And that stops you from going outside??

Lauren: Put it this way, if I went outside I'd probably die

Camila: Wow that's heavy

Lauren: You feel sorry for me

Camila: No I don't

Lauren: Good

Days went by and Lauren knew this was love. She begged and begged for her nurse to let her see Camila, finally she gave in and snuck in Camila while Lauren's mother was out. She was a doctor and she didn't want anyone near Lauren especially if it made her more ill.