The Walk

Lauren woke up late for school. She got dressed quickly, quicker than ever and brushed her hair. She had recently cut her hair and  it did not look right just brushed. She was in a rush so she didn't care. She grabbed her bag and shoved in her book before grabbing her house keys and locking the door behind her.

She couldn't drive so she ran most of the way. She got halfway before running out of breath and speed walking. She took her jacket off because she was so warm and hoped the strong wind would cool her down.

As she made it to the bridge she was starting to get out of breath. She was breathing heavily, her school tie was lopsided, her shirt was messily untucked, she had her jacket lobed over her shoulder and her bag was weighing her down on one side.

As she was coming over the other side of the bridge she spotted someone. Someone she had a huge crush on. She tried to fix herself up but it was to late. Her crush was closer and closer. She smiled but before she could even see Camila, her crush, the wind blew her hair into her face and into her mouth. She quickly brushed it out of the way only to see this disgusted look on Camila's face.

——

The story with Camila went back 2 months before this. Lauren had been crushing on Camila since she broke up with her ex. She was one of those girls who would think of everything that could go wrong with making a move on Camila than thinking of the positive.

She had taken the risk and messaged Camila as she saw that Camila was upset.

Lauren: Hey I know this is random but I saw that you were upset and just wanted to see if you were okay?x

Read.
Nothing.

Hours passed and still nothing.

——

Ever since that Lauren has dreaded the day she'd see Camila. And today was that day. She watched as Camila walked past her not even looking back. That look on Camila's face as she walked past was stuck in Lauren's mind. She stopped and sighed.

"FUCK"