Happy New Year

Christmas had just passed and New Years was creeping up quickly. Lauren and her friends had decided to go out to town for a few drinks to celebrate. They were all single except for Ally who had a girlfriend called Morgan. Dinah, Lauren, Normani, Ally and Morgan all decided to get ready together. They had put on their outfits and make up and were ready to go. Lauren wore a short black dress with matching shoes.

This was a big night for Lauren. Her parents had no idea that she was bisexual. She had told herself and her best friend Dinah that she would do it tonight. Before they left she made her way downstairs where her parents were sitting eating their food. She sat down next to them and just stared.

"Lauren sweetie are you okay?" Her mum asked.

"I need to tell you both something" she started a little shaky.

"Oh my god. You're pregnant. I knew this would happen to me" her mother said starting to freak out.

"Mom!! No! That's not it" Lauren said trying to calm her down.

"Oh thank god!" Her mum replied.

"So what is it?" Her dad finally cut in.

"I'm bisexual" she said confidently yet drowning in her fears on the inside.

"That's the one where you like both genders right?" Her dad said clueless. Lauren nodded and waited for an answer.

"Aww sweetie that's fine we still love you. You can't help who you fall for" Her mum said hugging her. She hugged her dad before thanking them.

"Now you best get ready for tonight" Her mum said.

"How did it go?!" Dinah yelled as soon as Lauren walked back into the room.

"It went great!" Lauren said.

"Wait what went great?" Ally asked.

"I told my parents that I was bisexual" Lauren said.

"aww sweetie that's great" Ally said.

"Good for you girl" Normani added.

"Thanks guys! Now let's get ready for tonight!!" Lauren yelled in excitement.

The night was approaching fast. They made their way down to town and starting ordering drinks. They started with shots before ordering their separate ones.

It was around 11 o'clock before Lauren started to panic as she saw who walked through the door.

"DINAH!!" She yelled as she grabbed her friends arm tightly.

"Girl, What is wrong with you?!" Dinah said trying to pry Lauren's arm from her. Lauren pointed in the direction of what was making her panic.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh!" Dinah said.
"The one and only Camila Cabello. Your first ever girl crush" Dinah continued.
"Maybe now you'll finally make your move"

Lauren finally let go of Dinah before throwing back her drink and an extra shot.

"I can do this" Lauren said.

"Wait you're actually going?!" Dinah asked shocked.

"Yep" Lauren simply relied before walking away. She could hear her friends cheer her on in the background but chose to ignore it. She was practising different ways to approach Camila on her way to the girl. She was about to say something before she froze and carried on walking.

"Lauren?" Camila said which made Lauren tense.

"Camila hi" Lauren replied trying to act cool.

"I didn't know you were coming tonight" Camila said.

"Of course I love New Years it's the best time of year to kiss someone you've always wanted to at midnight" Lauren said laughing. Camila laughed and Lauren stopped. She smiled. She loved her laugh so much it was the cutest thing.

"So who have you always wanted to kiss?" Camila asked intrigued.

"Come find me And midnight and maybe you'll see who" Lauren said before walking away confidently.

Midnight was coming. Only 2 minutes left on the clock. Lauren stood waiting for Camila but she was nowhere to be seen. The countdown started.
10...9...8...7...6...5...4...
Lauren waited impatiently before she stepped forward to see Camila.
3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR! Everyone yelled. Lauren made her way towards Camila for that kiss until she saw someone kissing Camila. Someone she never thought she would see kissing her. Dinah.

"Fucking fantastic" Lauren said sarcastically. She made her way to Camila and Dinah before she stopped.
"I can't do this" she said before storming off. Lauren went home without even telling anyone. She cried all night. She had waited to long for this girl but decided she wasn't ready. She wanted to be out before making a move so it wouldn't be so hard on them both of something did happen.

The next morning she woke up to millions of texts from everyone asking if she was okay. She read through them all and replied. Nothing from Dinah. That was until her doorbell rang. She got up wearing her green silk Pjs and answered the door.

"Hi" Lauren said.

"I know you saw and I'm so sorry!" Dinah said. Lauren scoffed and shut the door in her friends face.
"IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER SHE THOUGHT I WAS YOU!" Dinah yelled from the other side of the door. Lauren opened the door with a small smile.

"Really?" She said.

"Yes, she pulled away after the kiss and was so disappointed to see it was me. I'm really sorry boo, I didn't mean to hurt you she just grabbed me, I feel nothing for her" Dinah said. Lauren accepted her apology and they hugged. Lauren invited her in and they had some coffee then the doorbell rang once more. Lauren walked to the door and opened it.

"Hi" Camila said.

"Ummmm" Lauren said speechless.
"Hello" she finally uttered.

"About last night" Camila said.

"It's all good Dinah explained" Lauren said smiling.

"You two just have a similarity about you idk what it is but I really wanted to kiss yo...." Camila said but was cut off by Lauren's lips. The kiss was long and passionate. They pulled away and Camila was speechless.

"Happy new year"

——————
The weekend is over and I'm back to writing haha😂 I'll try and do a part two soon for 'The Band. The Date. The Sister' this week. If you have any requests please give me a message or leave it in the comments thanks x