The First Time

Lauren had been talking to Camila through text for months. They had never met but were planning on doing so this weekend. Lauren had booked off work just to meet her and hopefully to become her girlfriend. They lived about half an hour away from each other but never found the time to meet also, Camila's shyness didn't really help.

The weekend came quicker than Lauren thought. She started laying her outfit she had bought especially for today, she wanted to make a good impression even though she knew she didn't have to. She sat down at her desk and started straightening her hair. After doing so she added a small amount of wax just to give it a bit of volume. She quickly moved on to her make up which she decided with smokey dark eyes and dark lipstick but not to dark that she would look evil. She loved wearing this dark shade
of lipstick because it made her teeth stand out and she knew how much Camila loved her smile.

She placed her purse with her card, inside her bag. She was going to take Camila on a surprise date to her favourite restaurant. She told herself that if Camila hadn't asked her to be her girlfriend by the time she dropped Camila off at her house she would take matters into her own hands and ask herself.

Lauren got in her car and turned on the ignition. She placed her hands, which were quite sweaty due to the fact she was nervous, on the steering wheel. She placed he car into gear and drove to the town centre where she was meeting Camila.

She pulled up in the parking lot and checked her make up once more in her visor mirror. She took a deep breath and got out. She started walking toward the centre while whispering "I can do this. You've been waiting so long for this moment to back out now".

Her hands got sweatier as walked closer to the centre. She saw a brunette standing in the middle looking down at her phone. As Lauren got closer she noticed it was Camila. She smiled and then suddenly fear got the best of her and she panicked. She ran into the first shop she saw. She didn't know what to do. She was so scared that she would mess things up she wasn't even giving it a chance. She took a few deep breaths before walking back out of the store, but as she walked out she couldn't see Camila anywhere. She stood in the position she saw Camila and looked down at her phone. A few minutes had gone by and Lauren had started to thing Camila had got sick of waiting a left. As she was about to leave Camila walked up to her.

Lauren smiled at her and they hugged. They didn't kiss because they were waiting for the right moment.

Lauren suggested her favourite place to eat and Camila agreed happily.

"Let me guess, Chicken New Yorker?" Lauren said laughing a little.

"You know me so well" Camila said before placing her hand on stop of Lauren's. They stared at each other for a few minutes before Camila turned to the side biting her lip while blushing.

"I've waited so long for this moment Camila. Ever since we first started talking it's all I ever wanted to do. I just wanted to hold you, hug you, laugh with you...kiss you" Lauren said mumbling the last part. Before Camila could answer the waiter approached the table.

"There's your bill ladies" he said placing a piece of paper on the table. Camila went to reach for it before Lauren shooed her hand.

"It's on me" she said Camila smiled once again before placing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Ready to go?" Lauren said. "I'll give you a ride" she offered. Camila nodded and they walked to the parking lot where Lauren had parked earlier. Lauren drove Camila home with Camila's direction of course. They pulled up outside this huge stone marbled house.

"Well....goodnight" Camila said before opening the door.

"Hey Camila?" Lauren asked.

"Mmhmm" she said resting back into her seat again. Lauren didn't know what to say, so she didn't say anything. She leaned in and kissed Camila. Their lips moved in sync and it was like magic. Lauren's hand was tangled in Camila hair while Camila rested her hands on Lauren's face. They pulled away as Camila bit her lip gently.

"Camila, will you be my girlfriend?" Lauren asked knowing Camila wouldn't because she was so shy.

"Of course" is all she said before they continued the kiss.

This is the first time Lauren felt love. Love she knew would last forever and always.