The Text

We walked to our regular bar, Pearls, we would drink there every Thursday. Thursday's was date night. Our night. Camila grabbed a table while I grabbed the drinks. I had a large rose wine and she had a beer. I wore my black ripped jeans, rock band t-shirt and my famous leather jacket that Camila loved. She wore a floral, A-line dress with tights and casual boots.

"Have you packed for Uni?" Camila asked.

"Yep! Got everything ready to go for next week" Lauren replied.

"Everything?!" Camila said with a bit of hurt in her eyes.

"Yeah, especially our photos" Lauren said. A small memory appeared in Camila's mind before it was flooded with the bad thoughts of losing Lauren. She felt a tear escape her eye before Lauren brushed it away.

"Hey, I'm not gonna forget about you, its impossible. Actually I wanted to ask if you would come down and stay the night with me on Thursdays? Can't miss date night can I" Lauren said giggling a little.

"I WOULD LOVE TOO!!" Camila yelled from the other side o the table. Lauren laughed and her reaction before just smiling at the perfect girl sitting across from her. Lauren got distracted from Camila once she saw Camila's phone ping. She picked it up and laughed a little as if she wasn't trying to laugh.

"Who's that?" Lauren asked a little to interested. Camila ignored her and kept typing with a smile on her face. "CAMILA!" Lauren yelled not realising how loud she was. Lauren has always had trouble containing her jealousy. She was a very jealous and non personal person. Things had happened in previous relationships that had made her this way, she didn't like it but it was who she was.

"Babe calm down its only Dinah" Camila said calmly.

"Okay" Lauren said with an obvious pissed tone in her voice.

"Babe come on don't be like this" Camila nagged.

"Be like what?" Lauren asked pretending to be oblivious to everything.

"You know what" Camila said furrowing her eyebrows. Lauren tried to control herself but the words spilled from her mouth.

"Why the fuck is she texting you for?!"

"She asking if I want to go to the cinema next week on Wednesday" Camila replied calmly yet gripping on to her chair. Lauren knew she was mad but so was she. She couldn't control herself when it came to her jealousy.

"OH!!! Too the cinema, where its dark and couples go to make-out? oh that cinema?! oh and what a coincidence its the day after I leave for Uni" Lauren said raising her voice higher every time a word came out of her mouth.

"Calm down" Camila said still gripping onto her chair. "Nothings going on" She reassured.

"I've heard it before Camila" Lauren said before getting up and storming out of the bar. She flapped her Leather jacket before walking in the complete opposite of their home. Camila ran out of the bar at looked up the hill before realising Lauren and gone the other direction.

"LAUREN WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" She yelled.

"ANYWHERE WHERE YOU'RE NOT" She yelled back before placing her hands in her pocket as teas streamed down her face.

She stopped outside the park before taking a seat on the swing. She swung back and forth thinking about what had just happened. Did I overreact? Is anything going on with them? Should I go back? All these questions stirred in her head as she tried to find the answer to them.

She thought long on hard before taking out her phone.

"I'm sorry.." She started.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I'm ready for this. The past is always creeping up on me. I will always be the person who gets jealous. I will always be the person who messes up and I will always be the person who will blame you for shit you haven't even done. I thought I was ready but I'm not. I'll pick my stuff up tomorrow". She sent the text and then read it again. She started typing again.

"I love you." she typed before deleting the message. That was it. It was over.