The Project

High school. The one thing Lauren hated, along with people. She never interacted with anyone but herself.

"Ugh science" Lauren sighed to herself. Science was her worst subject, she never understood anything Mr Roberts would say. She sat in the very back so she could draw in her sketch book while the class passed. Lauren would draw constantly, no matter where she was, she would take her sketch book with her everywhere and anywhere. Drawing calmed her and controlled her emotions no matter what the situation.

"Okay class, next week we'll be participating in an activity that requires pairs" Mr Roberts announced before dismissing everyone. Lauren packed away her sketch book and left.

A week later...

A week had passed and it was time for another science class. Lauren has been dreading this class as she would have to "interact" with the partner she is chosen to work with.

"Dinah partner with Shawn" Mr Roberts started. Dinah huffed but made her way to Shawn.

"Ally you're with Halsey, and Lauren you're with....Camila"

Lauren froze. She had always stared at the pretty brunette from across the class but never spoke to her and now she would have to work with her on a project. Alone. Camila made her way over to the seat parked next to Lauren. Lauren could feel her heart beating faster and faster, almost exploiting out of her chest as the girl got closer and closer.

"Hey" Camila said as she took a seat next to Lauren. Lauren smiles and turned to her drawing.
"What are you drawing?" Camila added. Lauren closed her sketch books halfway through Camila question. She never shared her drawing, not with anyone. Camila saw Lauren didn't want to talk but continued to try.
"So we have to make our own lava lamp"

"Yeah" Lauren finally replied. She gathered the flask and filled it with water before grabbing the vegetable oil for the experiment. Camila got up and grabbed the other object needed.

"Waw, looks like little lesbian Lauren's wet dream comes true" Normani said.

"Go away Normani" Lauren snapped back. Normani and Lauren used to be best friends before high school, that's when Normani hit puberty and became popular and left Lauren behind.

"Watch out she might kidnap you" Normani said to Camila before her posse laughed and followed Normani to the other side of the class.

"I'm...uh...I'm sorry about her" Lauren said hesitantly at Camila without making eye contact.

"Don't sweat it" Camila replies placing her hand on Lauren's arm.
"She's a bitch anyway" she added. They both laughed and continued on with their project.

"Okay class times up, let's check your progress" Mr Roberts yelled for the class to hear. He continued to walk around the class to examine the lava lamps. He stopped at Camila and Lauren.
"Well done girls, best one I've seen so far" he stated.

"Thanks sir" both girls replied.

"Lesbians!" Normani yelled sneakily. The class began to giggle but were cut off by the bell.

"Next week we have a practice exam so make sure to study!" Mr Roberts reminded everyone as they left.

As Lauren reaches the door Normani bumped into her causing her to drop her bag and sketch book. Her sketches flew everywhere causing people walking by to pick them up. Each picture was of the brunette. Camila. Lauren rushed to pick up each picture.

"How pathetic" Normani said looking st the sketches. Camila picked on up and smiled.

"Is this me?" She asked helping Lauren off the floor. Shyly Lauren nodded.
"I like them, you're really talented" she added.

"Uh....th...thanks" Lauren said hiding behind her hair.

"Think you could teach me sometime?" Camila asked smirking.

"Uh...sure I'd love to" Lauren replies.

"How about tomorrow night at 8?" Camila asked.
"Your house?" She added. Lauren nodded as the brunette helped pick up the rest of the sketches.

"See you then" Camila said kissing Lauren in the cheek before walking away.

****

Okay so much for updating every week haha sorry guys I've just been super busy, but there will be a double update tomorrow to make up for it, hope you enjoy them

Ellie xx