The Anniversary

Things were going great with Camila and Lauren. They would see each other mostly everyday besides Saturdays, that's when Lauren would work. They had been dating for almost 7 months. Their anniversary was on Friday and Lauren had planned something special. She had bought tickets to see Wicked live in Cardiff and booked a ticket in the most romantic place she could find. She had rented the whole bay out for her and Camila to share.

It was Wednesday night and Lauren said she was working Thursday night so she could go up to Cardiff, she felt bad lying but it was for a good reason and Camila would understand. She left the next day around noon and went to each place. She went to the ticket master to pick up the tickets for show, she hoped Camila would like it since it cost her a lot. Next she went to the restaurant to make sure that the table was sorted and ready. Everything was fine so she headed back to hotel she had booked for the whole weekend.

Lauren knew that this would be a weekend trip so she booked work off, little did Camila know that Lauren was planning on proposing outside the bay.

Friday came and Lauren phoned Camila, Camila knew to pack a bag for a special trip but Lauren never said why or what was happening. The phone rang but there was no answer. She sent a long text of instructions to follow. Time crept up faster and she heard nothing from Camila. She tried calling her again, no answer. The show was starting in two hour and it would take an hour for Camila to get here. She started to worry and decided to call Camila's parents to see if she was there.

"Hello, Mrs.Cabello?" Lauren said as Camila's mother answered the phone.

"Lauren darling how are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine I was just wondering if Camila was there?" She asked.

"No sweetie I'm sorry I thought she was with you?" She said confused.

"Oh yes there she is sorry to bother you bye now" She said lying to Camila's mother. She didn't want her to worry. She decided to call Ally.

"Lauren hey!" Ally said quite loudly.

"Hey Ally I was just wondering if you've seen Camila, I've been trying to get a hold of her, its our anniversary and I'm in Cardiff waiting for her but...." She started but got cut off by a familiar voice.

"Hey sorry babe, Lauren's been trying to call me again I'll call you later okay? I love you bye" Is all Lauren heard from the other line. She knew that voice so well. It was Camila.

"I gotta go" Lauren said hurt.

"Lauren its not what you....." Ally said before Lauren hung up the phone. She started to feel light headed. She sat down on the kerb rehearing Camila's words in her mind. She was snapped out of her thoughts when her phone started ringing. She saw the name, 'Camila'. She looked down at the picture of them both kissing. She stared at it before a tear fell onto her screen. She gripped her phone before throwing it into the road. She sat there with her head in her hands. She couldn't believe that her girlfriend and her best friend were hooking up.

She reached into her pocket to find the ring she was going to propose with. She opened the box and just stared. She thought for a while before closing the box and placing it back into her pocket. Her heart was broken but that wasn't going to stop her. She got up and went back to the hotel. She grabbed he stuff and gave her tickets to a random couple she saw on the street.

"Enjoy" She said bluntly as she handed them the tickets before walking away. She caught the last train back to Wales. She got off the train and grabbed a taxi.

"Where too miss?" The taxi driver asked.

"Home".