The New Girl Part 2

Lauren drove home on her bike as fast as she could that night. She actually had a date.

"Hey sweetie, how was your first day?" Lauren's dad asked.

"I have a hot date" Lauren said running up to her room. Her dad couldn't even get a word in before she had already ran out of the room. Lauren threw her whole wardrobe onto her bed trying to find the perfect outfit. She finally found her outfit. She decided to just be herself and wear her usual clothes. She wore a tartan skater skirt, a black plain top and her black boots that she wore 24/7. She did her hair and added some lip balm to keep the lips moistened.

She finally was ready. She didn't realise how long she took before she looked at her clock next to her.

"Shit" She muttered it was now 6:15. She was supposed to be picking Camila up at 7. She got on her bike before starting the engine and heading for Camila's house. She started to panic as she got closer but not because she was nervous but because she had no idea where she was taking this girl.

She stopped a street back before sending a text to the group chat that had her, Dinah, Ally and Normani in.

Lauren: Guys where shall I take Camila??!! HELP!!

Dinah, Ally, Normani: Chef Loius.

Lauren: What the hell is that?

Dinah: It's her favourite restaurant

Ally: But you gotta have a few dollars in you pocket:/

Lauren: How much we talking?

Normani: About $200, for you both:/

Lauren: FUCK!!!

Dinah: Take her somewhere different, you want her to remember tonight yeah? Take her somewhere she wont forget :)

Dinah, Ally, Normani: Good luck ;)

She started her bike again before going down the street to Camila's house. She got off her bike. took a deep breath and walked to the door. She knocked twice before there was an answer.

"You must be the lucky girl taking my daughter out?" Camila's mother said.

"I guess I am" Lauren said smiling.

"Camila!! you're date is here" Her mother yelled up the stairs. Seconds passed before Camila walked down the stairs.

"You look...." Lauren started but was cut off by Camila.

"I know" she said sharply. They made their way out of the door as Camila's mother said goodbye to both of them. They walked down the path towards Lauren's bike.

"You cant be serious" Camila said.

"What?" Lauren asked getting onto her bike.

"This" Camila said pointing at the bike.

"Get on" Lauren demanded.

"I'm not getting on that thing" She said.

"Camila, I really wanna impress you so would you get the fuck on the bike" Lauren said starting to get annoyed. Camila scoffed and got onto the bike. She held onto Lauren and Lauren's heart suddenly started to beat faster.

"Well go then" Camila said in a bitchy yet calm tone.

Lauren drove around for 5 minutes before deciding where she was going to take Camila. She pulled up outside this huge building before they both got off the bike. They walked inside before grabbing a table.

"Where are we?" Camila asked.

"Karaoke bar" Lauren said ordering them a drink. "Red wine for the lady and a beer for me" She said to the bartender. They got their drinks and sat down.

"I don't usually come to these places" Camila said.

"Maybe its time you start" Lauren replied.

"It's not really my scene" Camila said. Lauren suddenly felt annoyed.

"Not your scene huh? So what is your scene? Fancy dinners? Fancy clubs? Wake up Camila! This is the real world. Places where people like me, who don't have a lot of money, come and have fun. I bet you its much better than what you call fun" Lauren said finally running out of breath.

"Well I'm not singing, those microphones are probably filthy" Camila said turning her nose up as if she was too good for everything.

"That's it. Have a nice night Camila, I'm sorry I wasted your time" Lauren said before walking out and driving away on her bike.

The next day Lauren walked into school and sat on her usual table with the girls.

"So what happened?" Dinah said.

"Nothing. She's a snob" Lauren replied.

"We did tell you she was a bitch" Ally butted in.

"She was just so rude, she made it seem like she was better than everyone there. I left before we even got a chance to barely sit down" Lauren explained.

"Ughhh" Normani moaned looking over at the door. They followed her gaze seeing Camila walk in with her usual squad, the rich snobby kids. They all looked away except Ally who was unfortunately sitting where she was facing their table. She took a glance over before realising that Camila was standing up and making her way over.

"Hey" She said standing looking at Lauren.

"I'm sorry for yesterday, can we start again?" She added.

"I don't think so" Lauren said bluntly.

"Please Lauren, go on a date with me" Camila asked one more time.

"Give me one reason why I should?" Lauren asked with a mean tone.

"You heart" Camila said.

"Haha please" Lauren scoffed.

"No I mean it, when I got onto your bike I felt your heart beat fast when I held on, I know you feel something, come on give me another chance, I'm really not that bad" Camila asked again.

"Tonight. Pick me up at 7" Lauren said.

"7 it is, see you then"