Start Of Something New

Things were getting better for Camila. She had moved on from her ex, she was becoming one with herself and she was totally killing it in her new job. She was finally happy.

Camila joined this new club, a book club. Her friend Normani was the host of the club and suggested it would be good for Camila to, distress her in any way. The first book she read was 'To Kill A Mockingbird'.

"I LOVED it!" Camila yelled as she sat with the group of women.

"Me too, it was one of the best books I've read in a while" a member added.

"I cried at the chapter when the dog died" another added.

"Please that was nothing! What about when he was found guilty, I cried in bed right next to my husband" another said. Camila listen and learnt about the emotions all these women felt while reading this book. She felt a part of something, something amazing.

"I liked how the narrator was a child, made me open our eyes to how much children these days know about society" a voice said. Hearing that, Camila turned her head looking for the woman who belonged to the voice. She had never related to something so much in her life. It was as if they were both on the same brain wave.

"I completely agree, it's the irony we feel and see when Scout explains what she thinks about the situation, totally had me" Camila added now staring at the woman who belonged the voice.

She sat there staring at this woman. Her eyes glowed green in the shimmer of the sun, she felt like those were the only eyes she had ever seen. They were so beautiful and so was she.

"Anyway, next weeks book will be 'The Notebook'" Normani said handing a copy to each one of them.

"My favourite" the two women said at the same time. Camila quickly looked over at the woman and smiled. She was feeling nervous around this woman and she didn't know what to do.

"I'll see you next week then ladies" Normani said as she waved goodbye to everyone.

"Hey Camila you okay girl?" Normani said waving a hand in front of Camila's face as if to knock her out of a trance.

"What?! Yes! I'm fine" Camila said trying to act as if she wasn't just staring at the woman.

"Oh I see, you've got a thing for Lauren" Normani said.

"Lauren?" Camila asked.

"Yeah Lauren, the girl with the dark hair, green eyes" Normani said.

"Lauren" is all Camila said in a softening voice.

"Hey Camila, I lost you again" Normani said waving her hand in front of her friend once more.
"You sure you're okay?" She added.

"Yes. This is the start of something new"