Left Behind

Shawn: I'll pick you up at 7

Lauren: Great! see you then x

Lauren threw her phone onto the bed before opening her closet. She pulled out each clothing the owned and sighed.

"What the fuck am I going to wear?!" She hissed to herself.

"LANGUAGE!" her mother yelled from down the hall.

"Sorry ma'!" She yelled back. She had a double look though the clothes now piled on her bed in a mess. This could work. She left her outfit to one side before and started on her hair and make-up. She grabbed her purse and heard a honk outside.

"Hey whats'up?" Shawn said from the car.

"Hey" Lauren said getting into the car. She knelt for a kiss but Shawn started up the car and drove down the street. They both sat there in silence until they got there. Shawn parked the car and walked to the party.

"Wait up!!" Lauren yelled running after him.

"Oh sorry" He said bluntly before continuing his walk to the party.

"I'll go get us some drinks" Lauren said. Shawn didn't reply and headed for his friends. She poured two drinks and made her way back to Shawn.

"Thanks" he said as Lauren handed him the drink.

"So hey guys did you see the new girl" Shawn said as they all laughed and downed their beers. Lauren kept her eyes on the floor feeling like she made a huge mistake coming with Shawn. She pulled out her phone and started texting her friend Camila.

Lauren: I mad a mistake :( x

Camila: What do you mean? x

Lauren: Shawn is totally ignoring me, he's barely said one word to me x

Camila: Just give it time I'm sure it'll get better x

Lauren: Yeah I'll text you if something happens x

Lauren placed her phone back into her pocket and looked up to find Shawn had gone.

"Hey guys have you seen Shawn?" She asked his friends.

"He went to get another drink" One replied

"Okay thanks" Lauren said awkwardly heading towards the drinks. Before she even arrived at the dinks table she saw Shawn walking by, holding hands with another girl. She followed and saw them enter his car and drive away. For a moment she got upset but before she could even shed one tear, rage took over and she saw red. She grabbed her phone and called Camila.

"COME PICK ME UP!" She yelled.

"Wow! Lauren what happened?" Camila replied.

"Pick me up and I'll explain" Lauren said hanging up. She made her way outside and sat on the wall near the road. After around 10 minutes Camila pulled up near the wall Lauren was sitting on. She hopped off and into the car.

"So....what ha---" Camila started but got cut off.

"HE HAD THE NERVE TO TAKE ME TO A PARTY THEN LEAVE ME THERE AND TAKE HOME ANOTHER GIRL!" Lauren yelled, scaring Camila a little.

"Calm down! He's an ass, I warned you about him when he asked you out" Camila said.

"I just want someone nice who will treat me the way I deserve to be treated and doesn't leave me for someone else right in front of me, who does that?! What sane person does that?". The more she explained the situation the more Lauren realised how upset she was over this and her anger slowly faded.

Camila parked the car down at the beach in the car park. She turned off the engine and tuned to Lauren.

"I've had enough" She started. Lauren looked at her puzzled.

"You're moping around after a boy who has a reputation of sleeping around, what did you expect?! You're an amazing, beautiful and smart woman and you're wasting your time on some asshole. You need to see what you're worth and what's in front of you" Camila ranted.

They stared at each other for a while before their lips hit one another, moving slowly as one.

"Wow..." Lauren said as the kiss broke.

"Yeah....wow"