The Band. The Date. The Sister.

Lauren woke up and started making her way to her usual coffee shop that she would visit every morning. She would buy her favourite drink, latte with extra foam. As she was about to leave she noticed a poster on the wall, 'Lead singers needed. Call us' it read. Lauren grabbed her phone and added the contact to it. She had always loved to sing and thought this could be the opportunity she's been waiting for.

She got home and sat staring at her phone wondering if she should call the number. What if she wasn't good enough? What if her voice doesn't match what they need? What if she fails or gets scared? All these thoughts ran through her mind before she finally decided.

"Fuck it" she said as she pressed call on the number.

"Hello, Justin's phone" a woman answered.

"Um...hi I was just calling about the lead singer opportunity" Lauren said trying to be sophisticated. There was no reply for a minute but she could hear mumbles in the background.

"Would you be able to come down in about 2 hours? I'll text the address through to your number now" The girl finally responded.

"That would be great, thank you" Lauren replied. As she was about to hang up the phone she heard someone speak from the other line.

"Sorry what was that" Lauren asked.

"Your name, what's your name?" she asked.

"Oh sorry its Lauren" she said laughing a little.

"See you soon Lauren" the girl said before the line went dead and Lauren hung up. She had a huge smile on her face then started to get ready. Her phone lit up as she looked at the notification. She smiled even more realising it was the address of the audition.

2 hours had passed and Lauren decided it was time to leave for the audition. She parked her bike outside the house before making her way to the door. She knocked on the door and a guy answered. He wore black ripped skinny jeans, a grey top with a green shirt over and a matching beanie.

"Hey I'm here for the audition" Lauren explained.

"yeah sure this way, I'm jason by the way" he said leading her to this huge music room upstairs. She walked in and stood by the mic.

"Do you know Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfeild?" He asked. Lauren nodded before the band started playing. Jason played the guitar, mike played the drums and Tony played the bass. They just needed a singer and Lauren felt confident.

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Lauren sang until the music stopped. The boys clapped and one whistled.

"You're amazing, you want the spot?" Jason said as the other guys nodded.

"I'd love the spot" Lauren cheered. They started practising straight away. After about 2 hours of singing Lauren needed a break. She went to go get a bottle of water from the kitchen which Jason directed her to before making his way back to the music room. She closed the fridge door before jumping as she saw a girl standing there.

"I've been listening to you sing all day, you're amazing" the girl said.

"Uh...thank you" Lauren said.

"Camila, we spoke on the phone" the girl said holding out her hand.

"Oh yes of course, waw I didn't expect you too look like that" Lauren said starting her up and down.

"Like what?" Camila asked.

"Beautiful" Lauren said before she got all awkward.
"Umm...I mean....uh" Lauren said starting to mumble.

"It's okay" Camila said giggling.
"Would you like to grab a drink sometime?" She said after a minute of awkward silence.

"I'd love too" Lauren replied. Waw first a band and now a date. This is going down in Lauren's history books as the best day ever.

"Shall we say 7 tomorrow night?" Camila said.

"Sure" Lauren said waving her goodbye as she walked back to her band.
"Hey guys I just got a hot date" Lauren told the guys.

"Oh yeah with who?" Jason asked.

"This girl I just met called Camila, she's super hot" Lauren said smiling. She noticed Jason's smile go.
"What's wrong?" She asked.

"That's my sister" he replied. Shit.