The Train

Lauren was rushing to make it to the train station in time. She was catching a train to Cardiff to meet her friends and she couldn't miss the last train. It was now 1:20pm and the train was leaving at 1:30pm. She rushed out of her house grabbing her car keys and making her way to the train station. She would've driven the hour drive but she didn't have the money for petrol and in all honesty she wasn't the best with direction.

She bought her ticket at the ticket booth and ran to her train. Luckily it was only now pulling in. She got on and took a seat. She would be on the train for about an hour before arriving at her destination.

After stopping twice at stations she was only three more stops from her friends. She placed in her earphones and just watched everything go by.

More people started to get on until it was only the seat next to Lauren that was free. The train started moving and Lauren put up her feet on her chair realising no one was going to sit next to her. All of a sudden she heard a faint voice of a woman. She took out on of her earphones before the girl asked the question again.

"Sorry?" Lauren said politely.

"I said can I sit her please?" The girl said.

"Of course" Lauren said nervously. This girl was very attractive. She was beautiful. Lauren stiffened up getting more and more nervous.

"So where you heading then?" The girl asked.

"Cardiff" Lauren said not looking at the girl.

"No way!! Me too!! Any purpose?" The girl replied.

"Just to see my friends, they moved for Uni and I thought it would be nice to catch up" Lauren said now turning her head to the girl.

"My names Camila by the way" she said.

"Lauren"

"I like that name" Camila said.

"Thanks" Lauren said still nervous. As time passed they sat there talking. Half an hour passed and the announcements came on.

"We will shortly be arriving at Cardiff" it said.

"Guess its time to go" Camila said.

"Hey since were both at the same place you maybe wanna grab a drink later?" Lauren asked bravely.

"Sure, are you staying overnight or catching a train home to...." Camila said insinuating for Lauren to tell her home town.

"Llanelli" Lauren said.

"You're not too far from me then, I'm in Gower, I went to Swansea to visit my gran before catching a train to Cardiff" Camila said.

"Why are you going to Cardiff?" Lauren asked politely.

"Gotta visit my brother it's his birthday" she said.

"His birthday?! Maybe we should reschedule that drink" Lauren said.

"He's going out tonight anyway" Camila said.
"Here's my number" she said handing Lauren her phone.

They both stepped off the train after swapping numbers.

"See you soon" Lauren said.

"See you soon" Camila said as they both walked in their separate directions.