Last Time Part 2

Lauren had moved on from her life after the accident with Camila. It took her a while to find someone else, 6 years actually. She had been through 6 years of hell. Countless therapy sessions, group sessions and even physically had nightmares about it.

*****
Lauren POV

The ambulance arrived. I just stood there staring. I couldn't move. I was paralysed with shook and pain. I saw her arm twitch as the tears fell from my eyes. People were screaming but I couldn't hear them.

"Ma'am?!" I finally heard the woman from the ambulance say to me.
"Ma'am what happened?!" She asked. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.
"It's gonna be okay" the woman said to me leading me back into the house. Before I knew it my mum was running in yelling for me. I was sitting on the couch as the woman from the ambulance handed me a glass of water.

"SWEETIE!! THANK GOD YOU'RE OKAY!!!" My mum yelled hugging me but I didn't even flinch, all I could see was that moment repeating in my mind. My hands started to shake before I dropped the glass as the shards flew everywhere.

"CAMILA!" I finally yelled.

*****
3rd person POV

"Hey babe" Lauren's present girlfriend, Ally said.

"Hey" Lauren replied. They both kissed as they reached each other. Lauren never told Ally he full story about Camila. All Ally knew was that Lauren's ex was called Camila and that Lauren's heart was broken after they ended.

****

A week had passed since the accident and Lauren had heard nothing. She didn't even know if Camila was alive. She had called her house several times but no one ever answered.

Her mum had applied for a job just outside of London. The day after the accident her mum got an offer from the job and told Lauren that they would eventually have to move. With everything going on Lauren's mum decided now was the best time, to get Lauren away from everything. They packed and writhing two weeks they had moved. No sign of Camila. No sign of anything.

****

"You wanna order some food?" Ally asked.

"Sure, I'm really craving....."

"CHINESE!!" They both yelled laughing just after.

"I'll go grab the menus" Ally said.

"I'll pick the movie" Lauren added.

"It better not be a shitty romance film" Ally jokes walking out of the room. Lauren ignored what she said and choose The Notebook. Her new favourite film. 20 minutes had passed since the ordered their food before there was a knock of the door. Lauren went to answer it and as she expected it was the food. She payed the man before shutting the door and walking back to Ally while looking into the bag.

"They didn't give us our free spring rolls" Lauren said annoyed. She heard another knock on the door.
"I bet you it's them bringing our spring rolls" she said as Ally laughed.

She opened the door while saying,
"I see you forgot to give us our...." she said before dropping the bag of food onto the floor. There she was. Standing right in front of her.....
Camila.

****
Lauren tried to get in contact with Camila after she moved but there was no answer not even a sign that she was alive. All her accounts on social media were deleted. It was like she never even existed.

*****

"Babe you okay?" Ally said running over to Lauren as she looked like she was about to faint.

"I....I....I....uh...." is all Lauren could manage to say.

"Who are you?!" Ally asked annoyed at the fact that this person has made Lauren feel this way.

"I'm....Camila...." she said shyly.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!!" Lauren finally yelled. She wasn't shocked anymore she was angry. 6 years of anger was ready to be unleashed.

"YOU DIDNT EVEN HELP ME WHEN I GOT HIT BY THAT CAR!!" Camila yelled back. Ally stood there shocked.

"Wow. Car? Dead? What the fuck is going on?" Ally asked trying to be calm.

"You didn't tell your girlfriend? I mean I'm guess she's your girlfriend right?" Camila said bitchily.

"Tell me what?" Ally asked looking at Lauren confused.

"Your perfect little girlfriend told me she didn't love me. I ran out only to get hit by a car and get this" she said pulling up her t-shirt to reveal a scar going from one side to the other.

"But that's not her fault?" Ally defended Lauren.

"But leaving me to die there was. She didn't even move. Not even a muscle she just stood there watching me" Camila said.

"Lauren...is that true?" Ally asked a little sad.

"I was young....I was scared..." Lauren said starting to cry.
"Please Ally, it wasn't my fault" Lauren pleaded.

"You're not who I thought you were, I'm sorry" Ally said before walking out.

"Are you happy now?! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?! 6 YEARS IT TOOK ME TO GET OVER THIS AND YOU!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!!!" Lauren said starting to yell turning her pain into anger.
"I hate you. Get out" Lauren said.

"We need to talk" Camila said.

"GET OUT!!!!!!" Lauren yelled slamming the door in Camila's face. She slid her back down the door before breaking down fully.

"I love you Camila" she said softly to herself. You can never truly get over your first love.