Chapter 5: The Dinner

Roxanne

Last night didn't go as expected. I decided to wear something cute. Black skirt, white top with patterns and my black heels. Leaving my hair down I grab my bag making my way downstairs.

	"Where do you think you're going dressed like that," I roll my eyes stopping as my mother walks over from the kitchen

"School? Duh."

"Don't be all smart on me young lady. Get back upstairs and change."

"No! I can do whatever I want okay?"

"We haven't discussed of last night."

"There's no need to," I walk out of the house as she follows.

"How are you getting to school hmm?"

"I'll walk!"

"Just get in the car Roxanne."

I sigh stopping waiting for her as she unlocks the doors.

**

The whole ride was silent thankfully. I get off as soon as we arrive. I meet with Brianna outside as she's sitting at a bench.

"You alright?" She looks up as I sit next to her.

"I'm okay. Last night Zayn and I were about to well umm," I bite my lip and I look over at Brianna who laughs.

"Did he not want to or what?"

"Oh he wanted to it's just that my mom and her boyfriend walked in and it got awkward."

"Omg girl," she laughs more. "I can imagine how embarrassing it was for Zayn. So you couldn't fix his needs?"

"No, and I feel awful," I groan sighing.

"Don't worry about it, but wait you met the young boyfriend of your mom's?"

"Yeah."

"Is he hot?"

"Brianna! Why you ask that?"

"It's just a question gee. He's younger around our age?" She smiles raising her eyebrows.

"Uggh I think he's in his mid-twenties I don't know... and he's okay looking."

"Okay looking? You're no help," she chuckles.

"Why do you care? He's with my mom."

"Maybe he won't be for long..."

"Whatever, umm my class is about to start I'll see you later?"

"Alright bye!"

**

As I finish class I see Zayn talking with Brianna by the lobby. He smiles as he sees me as I walk closer.