Chapter 45: The Invite

Monday; September 11, 2017

Roxanne

I guess yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I should start forgetting that anything happened with Harry and just accept the fact he was never meant for me.

Not even Zayn, who I thought was the one. I feel so lonely now.

I sigh as I go to class. Brianna would look at me confused as I would be in my own world. As class finished she walks with me down the hall.

"You alright? You still upset because of Zayn?"

"Why do you think it's always because of him?" I question.

"Because ever since he broke up with you, you been acting so upset," she says.

"Well in part, yes. I am a bit upset cause of him, but not entirely. I just feel too overwhelmed with everything that happened."

"Your mom's super hot boyfriend? I don't get why he bothers you so much."

"Hey girls!"

We look over as our friend Niall approaches, well Zayn's best friend precise.

"What do you want Nialler?" Brianna rolls her eyes.

"Gee, it's nice to see you again aye," Niall chuckles.

"What's up Ni," I smile at him as he continues to what he came for.

"I was looking for the both of you, to invite you to my birthday party on Wednesday."

"A party on a Wednesday?" Brianna raises her eyebrows.

"I know, but I like celebrating the exact day," he smiles.

"Oh uh thanks Niall... but I'll pass," I say.

"What why?" Brianna looks at me.

"Because... Zayn will be there," I sigh.

"Oh right," Niall bites his lip. "Sorry."

"It's okay," I chuckle and Brianna gives me a glare.

"It's a party Roxanne. You failed me too much in going to parties. Come on, and it's Niall," she walks to him wrapping her arm around his shoulder as his cheeks turn to a light pink. I chuckle shaking my head.

"Either way my mom won't let me go."

"Roxy... you got to," she pouts.

"I don't feel comfortable though with Zayn being there."

"Well you have to face him one way or another. If you don't go you will prove to him that this affected you. You have to show him that you're better off without him," she walks to me and smiles. "You can meet other guys, forget about Zayn, show him you're happy."

"I'll think about it."

"I hope to see you girls there then," Niall smiles. "My house and seven onward."

"Thanks," Brianna says. Niall smiles and walks off.

"We'll have so much fun," Brianna grabs my arm as we walk.

**

After my classes, Brianna dropped me off. I walk inside as Harry and my mom are in the living room. He's reading the newspaper and she's reading a magazine.

Harry then looks up and smiles at me.

"How was school?" He asks and my mom looks over.

"Oh hey sweetie."

"Uh it was normal... umm mom, I was wondering..."

"What?" She chuckles.

"Niall is having his birthday party—"

"Who's Niall?" She asks and Harry furrows his eyebrows wondering the same thing.

"He's my friend. Remember? He's Zayn's best friend—"

"Oh heck no," she chuckles. "Is this an excuse to see Zayn?"

"No! I'm going with Brianna and to be with Niall he invited us."

"You already know what I think of your little friend. So no."

"But mom—"

"I said no."

I glare at her and huff rushing up the stairs into my room slamming the door.