Chapter 27: Liam

Chapter 27: Liam

Monday; August 28, 2017

Liam

This weekend hasn't been the best for me. I have to study for a major exam I have on Thursday and I feel like crap. I been taking many classes to already finish.

I been trying to call Harry if I could take the day off but no answer of him. I know he told me he was going on vacation with Candice and Roxanne this weekend but what if something happened in the office?

I sit in his office waiting for him and as I wait I try to review these questions for the exam. It is so stressful I wish exams didn't exist.

"Hey mate," I hear Harry as he makes his way inside. I smile nodding as I fix my glasses.

"Hey Harry, how did the cruise go?"

"Splendid," Harry smiles sitting down.

"I hope Roxanne isn't part of that smile, I warn him. A few days ago he confessed to me of what was going on. I get Roxanne is stunning, but she's way younger than him and she's the daughter of the woman who he chose to date. It is wrong. But I have no word in this, I hope it doesn't get him into trouble.

"Liam, nothing is going to happen. She's just my temporary fix that's all," he chuckles.

"Well whatever it is you should end it. Poor girl has a boyfriend, and you have a girlfriend."

"She loves it. Can we just talk of something else?"

I sigh and just give up.

**

As the day goes on, my lunchbreak is here. I go and grab my lunch and take my seat next to Louis as he's already eating.

"Hey mate, how's everything going?" I ask as I start taking a bite off my lasagna.

"It's going alright, can't complain," Louis chuckles.

"That's the way to think," I laugh.

"Hey so your birthday is coming up right?"

"Oh yeah, but I'm not doing anything. School school is what's on my mind. There's no time to plan something."

"But it's your birthday lad. You deserve some time off."

"Oh no, Harry told me I still have to come to work. It's not an excuse to miss work just because it's your birthday."

"Bummer, it should be," Louis smiles. "But what would you like as a gift?"

"No no no. I don't want gifts Louis it's fine. I don't care for gifts okay?"

"But it's—"

"My birthday I know," I laugh. "But thank you though."
**

That's what my life has been about, school. I been going there to become a doctor but that went to hell so I changed my major. I decided to become a professor. I love writing, and grammar. I would love to teach others and help them out to achieve their dreams.

I never had time for a girlfriend, imagine me being a doctor and hardly seeing her. Though I admire these amazing people saving lives, but it is a lot of work and dedication. The money is worth it but when will I spend it?

I work with Harry, and I think I could never leave his side. He'll keep making stupid mistakes and who will be there to scowl at him?

As I head home I take off my shirt and shoes as I grab a beer from the fridge and go and sit on the couch. I turn on the television to sports.

I sigh and turn it off and put the beer bottle on the table.

"I need to get laid."

--

Sorry this one came out short, some chapters will be shorter than others lol

And happy birthday to this cutie!! :D