Chapter 46: Cool Harry

Tuesday; September 12, 2017

Roxanne

After class Brianna catches up to me and I chuckle walking as she leads me to her car.

"So..? Are you coming?"

"Coming where?" I chuckle.

"Roxanne... to Niall's party where else?"

"Oh uh I'm not going," I get in as she goes to her side.

"Why not? And don't say because Zayn is going to be there."

"My mom doesn't let me. And it's a good thing because yes, I don't want to see Zayn."

"He's going to know how much this affected you come on Roxy you need to prove to him that you don't need him. You can have fun without him."

"Either way I can't."
"You're old enough to make your own decision."

"Yeah but I can't do much about it, I'm not going period."

"Fine," she sighs and starts the ignition driving off the parking lot. "You hungry?"

"Hmm well I don't want to go home early so yeah," I chuckle and she smiles.

**

We arrive to Panda Express and we make our order. I serve myself Dr. Pepper and go and sit down with Brianna.

We start eating, usually this kind of food gets me full easily but I was starving I almost finished it all.

"Can I introduce you to a friend?" Brianna asks.

"Hmm? What?" I wipe my lip with a napkin.

"He's single, hot and well you need some distraction. Don't worry he's not the commitment type."

"Brianna, I don't need a guy I told you. I'm fine."

"You need to meet people and have fun. This party is your chance."

"Fine... I'll sneak out okay?"

"Okay, good enough," she smiles taking a sip of her drink.

As we finished, we throw our plates and cups into the trash can as we make our way out. She drops me off as I thank her and walk inside the house.

My mom makes her way downstairs fixing her purse putting it over her shoulder as she looks over and smiles at me.

"Hey sweetie where have you been?"

"Out."

"Hmm. I'll be back in an hour," she heads to the door and I sigh.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?" She looks over as Harry then walks down the stairs.

"You ready love?" He asks my mom then looks at me giving me a shy smile.

"Yeah, uh what is it Roxanne?"

"Mom please can I go tomorrow to Niall's party? It will be just for a bit."

"No."

"But—"

"I said no!"

"Umm Candice?" Harry says and she looks at him. "I think you should let Roxanne go."

Her eyes widen as so do mine.

"What?"

"She's still young, she deserves to go out and have fun with her friends. I'm sure she's able to take care of herself. You can trust her."

"Harry no."

"Sweetie this is all she's asking you."

"Harry this is nothing for you to be concerned about. She's my daughter I know what I'm doing."

"At least he understands and he's not even my father!" I angrily storm upstairs into my room. My mom just gets on my nerves.

**

I been watching this show called Super Girl. It's pretty good, I'm starting to watch all the super hero shows. This one being the first is already my favorite.

I hear the door and pause the show looking over as Harry turns on the light. He closes the door and smiles sitting by me on my bed.

"You okay?"

"What does it look like?"

"Hmm, being all day in your room watching Netflix says a little..," he chuckles. "You got to understand your mother."

"Understand what? She loves to keep me locked up. I might never get married then."

"Don't say that, she's just protecting you. She didn't trust Zayn and she just wants you away from him."

"I guess... but I want to go, I'm not going because of him. Niall is my friend too, and Brianna wants me there with her."

"Hmm I see. Well I'll let you go," he smiles and I furrow my eyebrows.

"But my mom doesn't let me. You couldn't even convince her."

"I'll cover for you sweetheart."

"You're helping me sneak out?" I chuckle. "I didn't think you'll be capable of that."

"I thought you already knew me," he smirks. "I'm capable of anything," he winks and I chuckle.

"So you'll distract her?"

"I'll try my best."

"W-why are you doing this? Why helping me?" I look into his eyes as he just smiles shrugging and gets up.

"Good night angel," he walks out and my heart just did some sort of leap.