Chapter 37: The Break Up

Btw the gif above is how I imagine Zayn to look like in this story 😍

--

Sunday; September 3, 2017

Zayn

It's been like a week since Roxanne and I talked..? I feels weird, it's like we're not even boyfriend and girlfriend. Niall is right, I just need to end this then.

I don't know if I want to end things with Brianna though. I have needs too.

I drive my way to Roxanne's and sigh as I get out. I have to do this.

You don't love her anymore.

I ring the doorbell and am greeted by Harry.

"Hi, umm Candice is here you know that," he says sternly.

"Yeah and I don't care. I just need to talk to Roxanne real quick," I reply coldly.

"It doesn't matter, talk with her at your own terms," he says and is about to shut the door but I stop it.

"I promise I won't be coming again just let me in."

"Who is it?" I hear Roxanne's mother. She glares at me as she's beside Harry now.

"What do you want?"

"I need to talk to Roxanne. It will only take a sec please."

"About what? Talk here in the living room."

"This is personal, I promise you won't be seeing me around again. It won't take much."
She sighs and rolls her eyes as she lets me in. Harry glares at me as I make my way inside.

"Make it quick," he states.

I make my way upstairs and head to her room knocking on Roxy's door.

"Go away!" I hear her yell and chuckle.

"Roxanne it's me Zayn. Please let me in," I say to the door. I hear silence then the door opens as she looks up at me with her captivating blue eyes.

"Za-Zayn. What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk."

"Uh sure," she opens the door wider letting me in. She closes the door then looks at me. "How did you manage to get all the way in?"

"Your parents let me in."

"Harry is not my father," she says.

"Uh sorry well him and your mother let me in."

"What did you want to talk about?" She asks.

"Roxanne," I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

"What is it? Is everything okay?"

"No. We're not okay," I manage to stare into her eyes as they look at me confused.

"I'm not understanding anything Zayn, look I'm sorry about the cruise my mom she didn't—"

"It's not about that sweetheart. It's just, we're not a couple anymore. We don't do what couples do. We hardly see each other. I don't feel attracted to you anymore. There's no more chemistry between us."

"Are you seriously breaking up with me?" She huffs looking away as a tear rolls down her right cheek.

"I'm sorry Roxanne. Don't lie to yourself either, I know you don't feel much for me like you did before. We should just go our own ways."
"Wow," she wipes away her tears and looks up at me. "I guess you're right. We're not the perfect couple that we used to be."
"There's no such thing as perfect. I will always cherish our moments. Just know you can still talk to me whenever you need someone by your side I'll be there for you."
"I don't think it's a good idea for us to stay friends. I just need my space right now," she says.

"I understand," I nod and a tear escapes my left eye. I quickly wipe it away before it falls.

I'm about to walk out the door but stop when I hear her cry. It breaks my heart to see her this way. I gently pull her into my arms and hug her rubbing her back. I let her cry on my chest as I stroke her hair and hug her tight.

"I should go," I pull back and she nods turning around not wanting to look at me. I walk out of her room and head downstairs as Harry and Candice stop talking and look at me. "Goodbye," I tell them and Candice tries to stop me but I leave.

I get into my car and drive off as my cell rings. I put it on speaker without looking at the caller.

"Hey babe, wanna come over?"

"I can't."

"Don't tell me you have better things to do."

"I'm not in the mood Brianna."

"Oooh well why are you so moody?"

"I'm not moody, I just broke up with Roxanne," I sigh and I hear her laugh.

"For real?! You're not kidding are you?"

"No."

"Omg Zayn! Babe we need to celebrate. Come on it will be the best one yet. You're completely mine."
"I'm not in the fucking mood Brianna! I'll talk to you later," I hang up and dial Niall's number.

"Go for Niall!"

"Nialler, let's go out for some drinks."

"Who died?"

"Jerk," I huff and make a turn. "Just meet me at the bar on Eastwood."

"Okay then, see you there! On my way."

**

I gulp down another shot as Niall just stares at me with wide eyes.

"You're going to end up chocking man."

I put the glass down and chuckle.

"I'm fine Niall geez, relax mate."

"Are you going to tell me what's going on? You don't drink like that for no reason."

"I broke up with Roxanne!"

"Umm. Is that good news or bad news? It's hard to tell with your emotions."

"I don't even know what kind of news is. In part I am sad because I did like her, the sex was alright, she's gorgeous and we look great together."
"And why are you happy..?"

"Because I'm free, I can go around fucking any girl I want without worrying I have a girlfriend."

"You're an idiot. You still messed around with her fucking best friend. Didn't you feel guilty then?"

"I did, no need to remind me Nialler."

"So are you ending things with Brianna?"

I shake my head and chuckle.

"I'm never letting her go. She's there when I need it. Anyways, another round?" I raise my glass and he just glares at me.

--

I might keep updating... I have a quiz due by midnight so might as well lol