Chapter 8: The Talk

Double update! :D

I promise it will get better once Harry moves in

Btw I'm going to start putting the date so you won't get confused, this helped me stay organized with the days :)

--

Chapter 8: The Talk

Wednesday; August 16, 2017

Roxanne

    I rushed down the stairs as I'm just wearing jeans and a shirt with my sneakers. I didn't feel like putting much effort on my clothes as I have put up my hair into a ponytail.

    I hate that I have to deal with my mother every morning. Since she's my only ride. She doesn't say anything as we head to the car. I'm glad she's not talking to me as she drops me off to school.

    I walk around the campus and text Brianna where I'm at. A couple of minutes later she approaches me as she hands me some Starbucks.

    "Thought you'll need some," she smiles.

    "Thanks some coffee is much needed," I chuckle drinking my vanilla latte.

    "So how was dinner?"

    "Uggh don't remind me, I just don't see my mom with him. I don't care if she gets married but it needs to be with someone her own age. With this guy, it's just weird," I shake my head taking another sip of my latte as Brianna giggles.

    "Give the poor guy a break. Maybe you'll like him."

    "Yeah right, he probably just wants my mom's money."

    "He doesn't have money?"

    "I have no idea and I don't care."

**

    As the day passes by after my second class I walk around with Josh getting to know each other more.

    "So your friend Brianna, uh she doesn't have a boyfriend?" He asks and I chuckle arching an eyebrow as I look at him.

    "Oooh you like my friend aye?"

    "N-no I mean, well she's pretty," he says all shyly as he blushes.

    "Awwe that's sweet."

    Josh was about to say something else but he quickly shuts up as Brianna approaches us.

    "You're still up for the party right?" She looks at me then glares at Josh as he fixes his glasses looking down at the floor.

    "Well, my mom is being a bitch lately so I don't know," I shrug my shoulders as she sighs.

    "Come on Rox. Please do it for me," she looks at me puttering her lips. I laugh rolling my eyes playfully.

    "I'll try. My mom is very hard to convince so I have to be in good terms with her before I ask."

    "Well hurry, the party is on Friday."

    "I know I know," I giggle and Brianna continues to glare at Josh.

    "You're not invited so don't even think about it."

    "Brianna!"

    "It-its okay. Parties aren't my thing," Josh says. I sigh shaking my head at her.

    "See, parties aren't his thing. I'm just saving him from embarrassment okay?"

    "Whatever Bri. Umm I'm heading home I want to do this homework to get it out of the way."

    "Alright nerd number two," she chuckles. "Wait you need a ride or is Zayn coming to get you."

    "Uh he hasn't message me, he's probably busy with school. And I don't want to bug you for a ride."

    "Hey what are friends for?" She leads the way out to the parking lot.

**

    Later at home I got to finish my homework as I smile checking my phone. Zayn hasn't texted me or anything.

    This is why at times hate school, it takes your freedom away just like a prison. Our separation is like a jail cell.

    I then hear a knock on my door as I groan not really wanting to deal with this woman. But what can I do if I need her permission to go to this party.

    "Come in."

    She walks inside as she closes the door behind her.

    "How was school?" She asks. Pssh as if she cared. Seems like she only has time for her stupid boyfriend.

    "How else is school supposed to be? It's the usual."

    "You need to watch that mouth, lately you been acting this way. I have done nothing wrong Roxanne."

    "Oh really? Does Harry ring a bell?" I glare at her as she then sits down at the edge of my bed. I turn to face her as I'm seated on my desk chair.

    "Why can't you accept the fact that I found someone?"

    "Because he's not for you. He's like around my age mother! That's disgusting."

    "Age doesn't matter, as long as there's love and respect within each other, nothing else should matter. Roxanne please give him a chance. Get to know him better. He's a great guy."

    "You sure he doesn't want your money?"

    "He has his own money, his own company, I thought we discussed this before."

    "Whatever."

    "Roxy, will you please just give him a chance?"

    I look at her as she pleads to me with that look in her eyes. Maybe if I just agree then she'll let me go to this party.

    "Fine."

    "Oh thank you," she smiles at me. "Umm one other thing."

    "Hmm?"

    "Harry is moving in tomorrow."

    My eyes widen as I clench my jaw.

    "What?"

    "We were going to tell you but with everything that happened before—"

    "You got to be fucking kidding me!!"

    "Language!!"

    "No!! I can't accept this! He has no right to live here," I stand up as I'm filled with so much hatred right now. She can't do this to me.

    "You have to at some point!" She stands up as well. "Look I'm not a little girl that needs your permission, I'm your own mother. He's moving in whether you like it or not."

    "Get out."

    "Roxanne—"

    "GET OUT!!" I yell at her signaling to the door. I can't deal with this right now.

    She sighs and storms out of my room. I can't believe she just pulled that on me.