Chapter 61: We can't do this

"Girl, it's not you, it's me
I, I gotta, gotta figure out what I need, oh..
There's never a right time to say goodbye
But we know that we gotta go
Our separate ways...
And I know it's hard, but we gotta do it
It's kind of killing me
Cause there's never a right time
A right time to say goodbye..

Girl, I know your heart is breaking,
And a thousand times I
Found myself asking, "Why? Why?"
Why am I taking so long to say this?
But trust me, girl, I never
Meant to crush your world
And I never thought I would see the day we'd grow apart"

--Chris Brown: Say Goodbye

Chapter 61: We can't do this

Monday; October 9, 2017

Roxanne

I felt lonely today at school since Brianna didn't show up. I tried calling her but I'm always sent to her voicemail.

I sigh making my way out of the building as I head to the bus stop.

I seriously need my own car.

After a few minutes, the bus arrives and the ride isn't long. I get off and head inside the house as I'm shocked to see my mom and Harry in such a serious conversation.

"Wh-what's going on?" I dare ask. Both my mom and Harry turn to look at me.

"Uh, I have to go to New York for some meeting I have to handle there," Harry says. My jaw drops shocked with his words.

"F-for how long?"

"The whole month," he says. My mom sighs looking down.

"I-I don't know what I'm going to do without you," she tells him.

"Sweetie it's just a month. I'll be back before you know it," he smiles hugging her. I gulp looking down stunned with these sudden news.

Is it really necessary for him to go?

"I-I have some things to do," my mom pulls away wiping away some tears.

"Candice," he sighs.

"I'll be back," she grabs her purse and heads out the door.

I look at Harry with a sad expression. He rubs the back of his neck nervously and starts to head upstairs.

"Harry," I stop him. He turns around and raises his eyebrows.

"Hmm?"

"Y-you really have to go? I mean can't you send someone else to do this meeting?"

"Actually..," he takes a few steps towards me. "This trip is an excuse to get away."

"What are you talking about?"

"I need time away from you Roxanne. I'm an idiot. I am so angry at myself for letting things go further last night. I guess I was caught in the moment."

"You can't be serious."

"Roxanne, I already told you before. We are a mistake. Last night shouldn't have happened. And I'm sorry. I never meant to crush your world, I just need time and distance, to think this over."

"Oh God," I look away tears escaping.

"You mean a lot to me Roxanne, you really do. Being away from you will help me think this over. I need to finalize what I really want. I don't want to hurt you or your mother."

"You're unbelievable Harry," I sigh looking up at him.

"I'm really sorry, but I think it's for the best you forget me being more than your mom's boyfriend. I want to be with her. She is a nice person, she doesn't deserve what we been doing behind her back."

"That's insane, why c-couldn't we have met first? Why can't we be together?"

"We both know that can't happen. Your mom was my first choice."

I shake my head my voice trembling. I go and cup his face pressing my lips with his.

He pulls me back gently as he shakes his head.

"It's for the best. This is our last kiss Roxanne, I need to get my luggage," he sighs and heads upstairs.

I sniffle running upstairs grabbing his arm as I kiss him again. He grabs my waist kissing me back. My tears falling down my cheeks as I don't want to let go.

We pull away and he wipes off a tear from my cheek.

"You're with Zayn, he sure is lucky to have such a beautiful angel by his side," he smiles and goes into my mom's room.

I run into my room shutting door as my puppy Lucky barks. I fall down my back rested on the door as I cry.

I fell in love with Harry.

Without even realizing it.