Chapter 18: Louis

Chapter 18: Louis

Tuesday; August 22, 2017

Louis

I smile waking up as I go and get ready. I grab my keys and make sure my beagle has some food.

	"I'll be right back boy

"I'll be right back boy. Be good Max," I smile petting his ears as I get up and walk out of my apartment.

I always get up early everyday so I can go running for a bit. I run by this park nearby all around the field as it's quite big.

I usually always see this beautiful girl reading her book seated at the bench, her eyes focused on whatever words have her captivated. Her beautiful brown hair is either pulled up in a bun or ponytail. Today she had it all down, long and wavy.

Her thick eyebrows furrow as she follows up the phrases in the book with her finger. I see her lips moving as she mumbles quietly.

"Boy why don't you go ask her out," I jump back as I haven't realized I was standing watching her looking like a creep. This old lady chuckles as she was next to me.

"Oh ma'am I would if I was a teenager," I chuckle.

"You look like one, what's wrong with how old you are? Age is just a number, a number doesn't matter for love," she smiles at me as she winks walking away.

I chuckle and sigh looking back at the girl. She probably already has a boyfriend anyway.

I continue on my run and go back to my place. Taking a shower, eating some French toast and fruit along with my protein shake.

**

Time passes by as I work at the office. Trying to figure out these numbers that just don't match from the ones of a few months back.

"Hey Louis is everything okay?" I look up as Liam stands by. He finishes a donut as he looks over at me with a frown.

"Yeah umm, everything is fine," I smile saving the file.

"You want to go grab drinks tonight with me and Harry?"

"Uh if he's okay with that?"

"Oh come on mate," he smiles patting my back. I get up and follow him to Harry's office. Even though he's way younger than me he's very petrifying.

"What now Liam," Harry murmurs as he scrolls through his laptop.

"We were wondering if you're up for some drinks tonight. Just us lads hanging out."

"With Louis," he looks over at me as I shift uncomfortably.

"Yes, he's cool."

"Fine, I guess I can use a couple of drinks to keep my mind occupied."

"Of what?" Liam chuckles.

Harry ignores him as he continues his work.

**

After work, I got home and ate some lunch that I made. I fixed up my apartment a bit and then showered and got ready for the night. I ruffled up my hair a bit so it won't be all flat.

I went for a simple white shirt and black skinny jeans and my vans. I grabbed my keys and left to go to that bar the lads were going to meet up at.

	I look around as I arrive, I spot Liam and Harry talking seated on the stools opposite the bartender

I look around as I arrive, I spot Liam and Harry talking seated on the stools opposite the bartender. I head their way and Harry looks at me as he stops talking.

 I head their way and Harry looks at me as he stops talking

"Alright," Liam says and takes a sip of his glass. He looks over noticing my presence. "Oh hey Louis you made it."

"Yeah, how long you guys been here for?" I ask and Harry furrows his eyebrows thinking.

"Just like fifteen minutes I think," he answers as he drinks his own drink.

"What would you like sir?" The bartender looks at me.

"Uh a scotch on the rocks please," I reply.

"Let's go sit at that booth," Liam gets up. I pay the bartender and tip him as I take my glass following the lads. I sit beside Liam as Harry orders himself another drink.

"So Louis, any girlfriend or lover," Harry chuckles.

"Oh no, I'm single and I'm too old for a girlfriend," I reply. Liam laughs shaking his head.

"You're never too old for a girlfriend."

"I'm 35 years old," I laugh.

"That's not that old, you're never too old for love," Harry points out.

"True that, I'm almost done in getting my bachelors to become a professor. I enjoy being single at the moment, just get to meet beautiful girls but nothing serious," Liam says.

"Well you're still young mate, but once you get to your thirties you might start thinking about your future," I tell him.

"Oh no, I'm not the type to settle down. I like being on my own, not having to worry of anyone else but myself," Liam smiles.

Wow never thought Liam would be that type of guy. I always seen him as the type of guy to have a big family, and just be a family guy. With Harry, I can tell he's not the type of guy to take a relationship seriously. Maybe I'm wrong and he does love someone and want more.

--

I'm so sorry for not updating, here's a chapter where you get to know a bit of Louis :)