Chapter 48: What Have I Done?

" So let mercy come..
and wash away...
What, I've done...

I'll face myself
To cross out what I've, become...
Erase myself..
And let go of what, I've done.."

--Linkin Park: What I've Done

Chapter 48: What Have I done?

Wednesday; September 13, 2017

Harry

Candice laughs as we watched this movie. She cuddles to me and I smile at her but still wonder how it's going with Roxanne.

"I feel bad that I didn't let Roxanne go to that party," she sighs.

"You should trust her," I say.

"I know. But I don't trust Zayn or any boy," she chuckles and sits up. "I'm going to check on her."

"No!" I stop her and she furrows her eyebrows. "I mean, let her love. She clearly wants to be alone."

"I don't care, I'm her mother."

"She told you she wants to be left alone, respect her decision."

"Who's side are you on?" She crosses her arms against her chest and I sigh.

"Nobody's. I'm just saying—"

"Are you hiding something?"

"What?"

"Harry you better not have helped her."

"What makes you think that?"

"We'll see," she gets up and I follow her.

"Candice."

"If she's not in her room," she opens the door and glares at me. "How could you Harry?!"

"I'm trying to get her to like me, isn't that what you wanted?"

"Well yeah but not going against the way I handle my own daughter."

"I'm not questioning anything, it's just you have to understand her."

"I don't want to talk about this right now," she heads back downstairs and I follow.

"Where are you going?"

"Where else? Get Roxanne."

"Wait up I'm going with you."

**

We arrive to this party of Roxanne's friend. I follow Candice inside as I look around seeing most of these college kids drunk. I roll my eyes and follow Candice.

"Niall, where is Roxanne?" She asks.

"Umm, Mrs. Rosevelt," he gulps.

"I asked you a question Niall."

"Sh-she's in the kitchen."

I follow her into the kitchen, my eyes widen as my heart thumps faster.

"Roxanne!" Candice exclaims rushing over as she pulls Roxanne away from Zayn...

He was nearly sucking on her face. I clench my jaw as I glare at him.

"Mom? Wha-what are you doing here?" She giggles.

"Are you drunk?!"

"Umm maybe? Why does it matter to you hmm?"

Candice then slaps her.

"Don't talk to me like that."

"Fuck you!" Roxanne yells. I walk over holding Candice back before she does something she'll regret later on.

"I thought you were staying away from her," she glares at Zayn.

"Umm, sorry uh."

"Don't yell at him! I'm the one that came here, I like him don't you get it?" Roxanne glares at her mother.

"Let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Roxanne let's go home now!"

"Come on Roxy don't make things more difficult," I reach over to her.

**

As we arrive back home, I helped Roxanne as she stumbled a bit.

"I'm so disappointed in you," Candice looks at her with disgusts. "And this is what you supported?" She raises her eyebrows at me. "Bravo Styles, you did a great job in letting her go."

"I'm sorry okay?" I sigh and she shakes her head and leaves without another word. I couldn't stop her and just let her walk out the door.

I pick up Roxanne in my arms carrying her upstairs to her room. I lay her down as she already has her eyes closed.

I smile at her stroking her cheek.

"What have I done? Not only you got drunk, but you were with that jerk face. Why him? Was it the alcohol speaking to you? I hope it was just that," I sigh and pull the duvets over her covering her up. I take off her heels and smile as she cuddles to her blankets.

She looked so beautiful.

That red dress fits her perfectly.

My angel in disguise.