Chapter 56: Roxy's Dad

Monday; October 2, 2017

Harry

"What was that about?" Liam asks as Louis has left.

"No idea. He asked me who's Roxanne's mother was. He was questioning me as if he knew Candice."

"That's weird."

"Anyway, I have to get these done," I sit back on my desk as I continue with the files.

**

I arrive back home finding no one there. I walk straight to the kitchen and grab a glass pouring myself some fresh water. I drink the glass and give it a quick rinse putting it aside as I hear the door open.

I make my way out finding Candice as she shuts the door behind her. She gives me a sly smile and heads to the stairs.

"Sweetie, everything okay?" I ask stopping her. She looks over and chuckles nodding.

"Of course. Why do you ask?"

"For starters, you haven't greeted me," I laugh and she smiles walking towards me giving me a hug.

"Sorry."
"Are you sure everything is okay?" I pull back to look at her. "You can tell me anything you know that."

"Umm," she sighs putting a strand of hair behind her ear. "There's something that I didn't tell you. It happened yesterday."

"What is it?" I question as she leads me to the living room sitting down on the couch. I sit next to her staring at her with a worried expression.

"I bumped with Roxy's dad yesterday," she says and looks at me sadly.

"Yesterday? Where?"

"Well, Roxanne met him since she was with me at the store."

"Really? What did she say?"

"Nothing, she doesn't know he's her father I didn't tell her."

"Oh. What did he say then?"

"He didn't say much, he just told me he tried to look for me but it was impossible and that he's sorry for being a coward."

"Don't you think that's too late?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, but he saw Roxanne... they know each other already."

"What? How?"

"He works for you. Harry, this is crazy."
"He works for me?"

"Louis. Does that ring a bell?"

Oh shit...

No wonder he was acting all weird today.

"Louis? Louis Tomlinson, seriously?"

"He's her father. Harry you can't tell her."

"Tell Roxanne? She needs to know Candice. She's been wanting to know who her father is. She got along with Louis already. It's like they connected immediately."

"No! Harry understand me please, I don't want him near her. So please tell him he can't come to her party."

"I was going to invite him..."
"Well Roxanne already did, but no. I don't want him there."
"Candice don't be so harsh. He has every right to be with her. Liam and I just found out he has a daughter, but I never thought that daughter would be Roxanne. He regrets what he did. Give him a chance."
"Harry don't insist with that. He knows how to contact her now. What if he tells her?"

"That's why you need to tell her first sweetheart," I grab her hand giving it a gentle squeeze. She sighs looking up at me.

"Roxanne is my daughter, just mine. Not his. He wasn't there for her when she was born, when she needed someone to sing her a lullaby so she could fall asleep. He wasn't there when she took her first steps or said her first words. The first day of pre-school, when she was nervous for the spelling bee or when she had to perform in front of a crowd when she was in orchestra."

"She was in orchestra?" I smile.

"Oh yes, but that wasn't her career plan. But anyway, Harry he doesn't deserve to be in her life."

"No matter what, he's her father Candice. If I was in his place, I wouldn't like that I can't get a second chance. Everyone deserves second chances. Everyone makes mistakes."

"I don't care Harry! Roxanne can't know!"

"I can't know what?"

Candice sighs looking over at Roxanne as she's crossing her arms staring at her mother. 

--

Guys thank you so much for 5k reads! You are amazing 😍 I love you guys so much. I promise there will be more Roxanne and Harry in upcoming chapters. And of course more drama 😉