Chapter 81: He Can't Know

"This time I'm ready to run,
escape from the city and follow the sun.
'Cause I wanna be yours,
'Cause you wanna be mine,
I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night.
This time I'm ready to run,
wherever you are is the place I belong.
'Cause I wanna be free.
and I wanna be young.
I'll never look back now I'm ready.. to run.
I'm ready to run"

--One Direction: Ready to Run

Chapter 81: He Can't Know

Saturday; December 9, 2017

Roxanne

Another day at the hotel as I lay next to Harry catching my breath after our usual routine.

He pulls me closer to his body as we cuddle the other.

I smile and kiss his chin.

"How do you feel knowing the truth?"

"Of my dad? Umm I feel okay," I chuckle looking up at him. "You weren't allowed to tell me hmm?"

"I wanted to tell you but that wasn't my place love. Your mom wasn't ready."

"She's selfish, she didn't want me to know ever. But I'm glad it's Louis, I could never imagine that."

"He's a great guy, you're lucky to have him as a father. And he's lucky to have a beautiful daughter."

"Thanks Harry," I smile wrapping my arm over him as I lay my head on his chest.

"But we can't tell him of us."

"What? I can't lie to him," I sigh.

"He'll kill me if he finds out our secret. I'm Candice's boyfriend, he will hate knowing I been fooling with his daughter."

"But if I explain to him—"

"Roxanne no. Just give me time please."

He cups my face and I nod as he pecks my lips.

"Thank you. It's hard to tell how Louis will take it."

"You're right. This has to stay as our secret."

"If it was possible, I would run away with you," he chuckles. I giggle looking up at him as he smiles at me. "We can escape from the city. Wherever you are is where I wanna be," he pokes my nose and I giggle kissing his cheek.

"I can't run away now that I found my father."

"What if he doesn't accept what we have?"

"Well, like I told him, let's focus on the present. Leave the future for later."

"You're wise with words," he mutters and I laugh. He chuckles and pulls me on top of him as he starts kissing all over my face.

"Harry!" I burst out laughing and he flips us around as he hovers me. He snuggles his nose with mine and presses his lips with mine.

I smile wrapping my arms around his neck kissing back.

"How about another round baby girl?"

"Harry..."

"Please?" He pouts.

"Okay one more," I giggle and he winks as he pulls the duvets over us.

**

Later at home, my mom walks into my room as she looks at me awkwardly.

I sigh and give her a smile as I pat the spot next to my bed. She goes and sits down.

"I don't know where to start," she says.

"I do," I smile and hug her taking her by surprise.

"What's this for?"

"I love you mom," I pull back looking at her. "I'm sorry for everything."

"You don't need to apologize. I'm the one who hasn't been a mom to you. You're important to me. I didn't tell you of Louis because I didn't want to lose you. I was afraid he would take you with him."

"He's not like that. He just wants to spend time with me. But I'm not leaving you. Even if at times you break my last nerve," I giggle and she laughs.

"You do get on my nerves sometimes Roxanne," she shakes her head and I gasp. "I'm kidding."

I smile and hug her again.

"I need to tell you something," I pull back looking at her afraid. My hands begin to shake as I manage to get the courage out.

"What is it?"

"Umm mom uhh Harry umm. Harry and I—"

"We want to take you out for a special dinner," I look over as Harry smiles. He clenches his jaw as he looks at me.

"Really?" My mom smiles.

"Uh yeah," I sigh.

"It's a way of Roxanne saying sorry for ruining your birthday," Harry continues. "Right sweetheart?"

I nod looking down.

"Awwe you don't have to do that. Thank you though," my mom kisses my cheek then walks over hugging Harry. "I'll go get ready."

"Perfect," Harry smiles at her as she leaves my room.

He then closes the door then turns to me.

"Are you out of your mind Roxanne?"

"I'm sorry."

"You were going to tell her about us. What did you expect for her to say huh? Oh yes I forgive you sweetheart, I don't mind that you been messing around with my boyfriend."

"I'm sorry Harry."

"Be glad I walked by or else who knows what would of happen. Then running away would have been the solution. Get ready, don't take long."

I sigh as he leaves.

That was a close one.

What was I thinking?