Chapter 6

Her eyes held firm and she studied, intently, what the moon had given her. The pregnant pause that descended between them allowed her to study him in a moment of peace.

He was a male with a body that had clearly been through many tough fights; with claw marks and gouges taken out the taut muscles of his chest. A chest that was covered in dark hair. A chest that was, although undernourished, lined with tough tissue.

Him being stark naked let her eyes wander the entirety of his body. And she was not disappointed. Although, she doubted the bond would have allowed her to feel anything other than pleased at the male.

The bond buzzed between the two wolves and the male's face contorted back to that of a snarl, while Titania's remained stone cold.

"By the love of God, this is a mistake."

"How... interesting." She managed, having difficulty choosing a word that best fit the situation.

Her eyes latched on to his hollowed face and followed his stubbled jaw to his eyes. A misty hazel swimming in nothing but hatred. She could spot the fight in his eyes and relished it.

"Interesting??! This is nothing but a farce. I don't want you." He all but growled.

She tilted her head to the side, "No? Unlucky me then."

He thrashed yet again at her mocking tone. Growing fed up and conscious that her wolf was starting to demand other things, she knew she needed space. To process this interesting development and to also clear her own head.

Feigning boredom she regarded him bitterly, "Nevermind this," she motioned between them, "I want to know why you attacked my wolves."

He flashed his sharp canines at the mention of his fallen comrades.

"You and I both know it was not an accident or a simple hunting misstep." His eyes hardened, "You planned it."

Hitting the nail on the head he looked her up and down. Secretly admiring the power from the small but muscled female that was supposedly his. Her eyes were what captured him the most; a crystal blue framed by tumbling raven locks and an angled face. He could imagine his cousin slapping him on the back and saying that he'd caught an angel because that was what her looks perceived her to be. But, she was anything but and his cousin was dead: because of her.

He couldn't pick up any emotions coming from her and even her eyes were vacant. This person in front of him was supposedly the one created for him and he wanted nothing, absolutely nothing to do with her.

Not supplying her with an answer, he stared her down. In this moment of heat and rage, he had forgotten that Alpha Titania was the ruler of these lands. And challenging her was not something you did unless you wanted a slow death.

Her chest rumbled dangerously.

"You dare to challenge me when you are the one who crossed my boundary lines? Utterly pathetic." She seethed.

The air around them saturated with power and the rogue continued to fight his corner, unwilling to back down.

"You killed them without remorse! How pathetic." He mimicked her.

Her sharp eyes shot to him, "They would be alive if you hadn't crossed my lines, plotted an ambush with an unknown agenda." She watched him flinch, "This is on you, not me, so grow up and don't push the blame that is righteously yours."

That statement alone cast a bonfire in his eyes. Ignoring his attraction to the wicked woman in front, he spat again. "Fuck you."

"You know the way of the mountains. There really is no excuse."