Chapter 51

Duskfall remained quiet during the January cold. Apparent, however, was the budding kinship between Titania and Brett as a normal routine between the two Alphas was established. Brett's submission to Titania had removed all doubt of threat to the title which had the rest of the pack at ease with the giant. It did not take long for the Shetland male to fit in.

As she flicked through a report from the Elders, fingers barely touching upon the paper, her expression darkened as her eyes followed the vague and falsified words. Unimpressed with the pathetic excuses from the supposed higher-ups, she lay on her couch with her legs dangling over the top as her head hung over the bottom; her pink lip pouted as she reread the letter not once, not twice but three times.

Throwing the lengthy report onto the ground where it belonged, she cursed. "Bunch of idiots."

Having heard her constant muttering since the early hours of the morning, Brett made his way down Titania's spiral staircase. Observing her laid back posture paired with the lines adorning her usually stoic face, he couldn't help but let a low chuckle escape.

"Reading the words more than once won't make your anger disappear. Just leave it."

She sent a scowl his way, "Hilarious. Who would've thought of such a pioneering idea? How about you leave and-

Her phone rang as he descended the stairs, interrupting the fierce stare off between the two. Cursing under her breath, her eyes began to burn with her wolf which gave away the identity of the caller. Ever as observant, Brett made himself scarce as he hid his sarcastic comment and smirking expression by occupying himself with making himself and Titania a cup of tea.

Titania eyed the phone as 'Watcha Say' by Jason Derulo filled the cabin. She hadn't bothered changing her ringtone and had a soft spot for the naughties such as old Taylor Swift, All Time Low, Busted and Bring Me The Horizon; which continued to be some of her favourite artists. Classics in her eyes that continued to be, and remained, her guilty pleasure. She sent Brett a fierce glare to his back, signalling the weight of her caged secret as she moved to grab her phone. She swore that if he spoke a word of her music taste, she'd castrate him with no regrets.

The song swiftly finished as her finger ran over the screen. Before the embarrassment could cross her features, Brett handed her the piping hot mug to which she accepted without a word.

Turning herself upright, she brought the cup to her lips as she relished in the soothing effects of the tea, although she'd have much preferred it if the mug held something much stronger, Hell she'd need it. Three weeks living with Brett had fried her emotional tethers more than she'd like to admit.

"Thanks," she replied bluntly while focusing on her mug.

"You might as well get it over with, they'll not stop if you just ignore them, believe me I've tried that." He motioned to the second call of her vibrating phone. "Persistent bunch they are. Also, nice song choice."

"If you repeat that to anybody, you'll be tied up and left out in the forest."

His eyes danced with ushered lust, "I don't think that would be much of a punishment."

Catching his hidden meaning, she coughed, the tea sloshing in its cup. "Out of the question." But how her mind thought the opposite. If anything, her thighs clenched at the idea of tying Brett up and having her way with him. The bond fluttered delightedly at such a proposition. She cleared her throat and immediately changed the subject.

"I'm trying to control myself as much as I can before I go to rip the Council's throats out." She sent Brett a dark smirk at the roll of his eyes, "You did make me promise to work on my emotions and here I am... A role model Alpha. Don't tempt me to easy beheading."