Chapter 7

Night passed and sleep did not descend upon Titania.

She instead, spent the night pacing and fighting the urges of her wolf; who forcefully, wanted one thing and one thing only and what she desired so, was currently caged in her cellar. She rubbed the tiredness from her eyes that were rimmed red. The blasted wolf had howled on into the dark and Titania had to physically slap herself when the urge grew too strong.

She didn't like it. Not one bit. She was already in too deep and she'd only just met her so called mate.

Morning peaked its head above the snow topped mountains and Titania removed herself from her stack of papers. Her skin was paler than usual, her robbed sleep causing the light to fade in her eyes. She was exhausted. But, sleep deprivation had always been a torture Titania hated, and right now, that proved true as she was not in the best of moods.

Alpha Brett had been at the brunt of her wavering anger when he called the hour previous. While their discussion was cut short, they still managed to get the necessities done. He wanted to plan the traditional party that they had spoken about at the Elder ceremony, but sensing the clipped tone, he knew that it could wait.

Brett also had something he wanted to proposition to her and had planned to get a ferry over the week after. His wolf was not waiting any longer to express how it was feeling and following his wolfs instinct's, which usually proved very much correct, he knew it was time.

Time to put himself forward as a potential mate for her.

Brett knew the majority of her past. The reasoning behind her hesitance, thus the patient waiting, but now he was more than ready.

She would be his.

Titania joined the pack for breakfast, which was slow cooked rabbit from the day previous. She kept her head down and ate at the head of the table while a buzz of chatter filled the room: gossiping between teenagers, conversations filled with the upcoming moving of packs and she even heard some languages thrown around. The Duskfall pack were a headstrong bunch and it came to no surprise that a disagreement was already brewing. They noticed her presence and left to go outside, using primal violence to settle the dispute.

For once, she did not converse with the surrounding wolves. Many could sense the air around her and let her be, her higher ranks included. Eóghan, Garth and Angus observed her from afar but she ignored them. Sitting stiffly, she put a forkful of rabbit in her mouth. Her mouth automatically chewing, her mind too deep in thought to realise she'd gotten sauce on her cheek.

Ramsay waltzed up to her with a napkin. Grinning cheekily at her look of confusion. He motioned to her cheek with a small giggle, "You missed a spot Alpha." He chuckled.

A few of children made their way to her, discarding their game of tag to see what was making Ramsay laugh so.

At Titania's slightly bedraggled appearance, some of the younger girls, including Lydia, sat beside her and one even sat on her lap. As you would think with one of the most dangerous Alpha's in the European continent, many of the parents would forbid their children to be anywhere near her. But, they sat with their friends conversing, knowing full well that their children were safe. To them Titania was lost, but not a monster.

Titania leant forward while Ramsay used his small hand to wipe away the offending sauce. Her lips tipped upward as did that of Eóghan, who watched the sweet exchange.

Their Alpha did not show weakness, but little interactions like such shone through every blue moon. Reinforcing her pack's respect of her.

The children giggled around her before darting off. Titania ruffled Ramsay's hair before shooing him away. Her mood lightened slightly at the little ones who seemingly knew her mood and tried their hardest to perk her up.