Chapter 47

Titania's eyes flickered open to the room erupting in chaos as time seemingly paused. All while the Gods watched on with their breath caught within their throats.

Mixed emotions ensued: Nathan in hysterics, Matíus with urgency as the patrol wolves came into view and Alfonso guffawing in satisfaction over Titania's slumped body.

The blue of Titania's irises quickly locked onto Alfonso as she walked her eyes up the dagger that assaulted her body. The cobalt depths taunted him as she remained unresponsive to the silver that penetrated her chest cavity, instead offering him a cold barely-there smirk.

Alfonso's upper lip curled with frustration at her blaze response so he twisted the blade, forcing it further into her. Bone scraping metal. Hard against soft as liquid copper throbbed from the wound, momentarily coating her hospital gown in a saturated red.

Alpha Alfonso paused hesitantly as the knife was wedged into her chest, parting the muscle like melted butter. While he expected screams and her skin to boil at the mere touch of silver, he received the opposite-- dead silence, and a murderous glare from the previously unmoving and unconscious female. Inwardly, the pain from the knife was zero to none compared to what she'd been through in her twenty-six years of life. Child's play, even.

Eight years of silver abuse would do that to your body. Her resilience had gifted her with the curse of tolerating pain like no other, however, it was not so good for her own self-affliction.

Focusing on her now nervous prey, Titania pulled the knife out her chest inch by inch, staring him down as the blood flow accelerated; the slow trickle changing to small spurts with the beat of her heartbeat. While the knife had unknowingly missed her heart due to the muscle of her breast, the males in the room looked at her with bewilderment. For a wolf to look like she had, arisen from a significant impact from a stab to the heart, was bizarre.

Arrogance filled Alfonso's expression at the sight and scent of her blood as he pushed past his previous hesitance. The deep wrinkles that hardened his demeanour lifted with merry glee as he relished the sight. Blood equalled weakness to him. It was over, Titania was nothing to his cunning. He rose to his full height as he admired the sight of her below him-- glory and testament to the supremacy he had over her.

She shattered his moment. "Imbecile," she growled, her voice distorting with her wolf. "And here I thought I could get a moment's peace, but no. You think you can kill me in my sleep...Laughable."

"You needed put down and I was the only one with the balls to do it." The man spat, to the detriment to the two males' lives who was also in the cabin. "You're only a stupid lil' bitch that thought she could look down at the rest of us, well jokes on you cause you're the one sat crippled in this bed while your pack is in ruins, proving why we don't let women rule; a stupid idea in the first place. No authority, no pack, no power. Nothing."

While her chest pulsed, she didn't miss a beat. "I should've let the bison kill you..." Her eyes glinted dangerously, "then your poison would've died with it. You're jealous of what we have up here because you've never had it yourself. All you have is a pack full of death, destruction and deceit, all of your own making...."

"Jealous? Of the mutts and savages that roam up here, sí sí sí," he chuckled. "And you being allowed to continue your 'rule' up here as normal? Not going to happen. I won't allow it so think again perra."

Her wolf all but grunted its humour at the statement. A gruff but mocking sound released from her throat as her eyes changed to a pitch black, the wolf back out to play.

"You're... a coward. Dead... dead." Her vocal cords constrained against the feral of her wolf as it forced the unusual syllables out.

The internal tug of war threatened to tear her brain apart as the wolf clawed for blood, foaming at the mouth at the thought of Alfonso's head between her jaws: its rightful place. At the insulting words, the straw broke and the wolf didn't hesitate as it lunged at the middle-aged man, casting wires and humanity aside as its teeth gripped around Alfonso's upper chest and spat it out beside the cot she lay in.