Chapter 16

News traveled fast and word spread that Alpha Brett was hoping to bond with Titania.

Wolves rejoiced, as the union would strengthen both the Ash Crescent and Duskfall packs. A certain someone scowled when he heard the gossip and bitterly wished he could have another round with the obnoxious Alpha once more.

A lively atmosphere continued on from the night previous as leftovers were served for breakfast. The wolves ate eagerly with renewed vigor as they conversed about the training they would encounter. It was said that both the wild Alpha's had a different challenge set for the day. The majority of the pack spread out around the packhouse, socializing with the diverse culture present. Mates lay low in their cabins while both Titania and Lucy struggled to leave theirs. Two noticeable absentees were missed among the masses but with a keen eye, a wolf like Eóghan took note.

Eóghan's Alpha had mentioned Lucy and how she was aiding her in the healing process, something she had yet to focus on herself. Admiring her attentiveness but discouraged at the lack of care for her own health, Eóghan silently applauded her. It took a strong wolf to deal with rejection but an even stronger wolf to become a leader to others going through the same.

Alpha Titania and Lucy both arrived in late. 

Their presence had caused some eyes to dart to the pair in question, especially within the Duskfall pack as Lucy was a silent type; one who took ambitiously to books and knowledge alike but at that current moment Eóghan saw none of that. Just a steely determination followed by an empty look mirrored by their Alpha.

Titania sent her a meaningful look and the teen dispersed, grabbing an apple before disappearing once more.

The female Alpha scanned the room as her gaze landed on the remaining wild Alpha. He stood, yearning to carry out the training they had both agreed on in the morning. It had first been awkward, but he dismissed the lingering traces of lust that flared every so often. She seemed frustrated and not wanting to push her in any way, he backed off - instead offering a joint training exercise that would challenge the wolves mentally as well as physically.

Stood tall commanding the room, her cold exterior rose with it. "This morning, we plan to test the training you've started to practice." This caught the attention of the ranked wolves who craved nothing more than a challenge, "We are going to split into two teams, Alpha Brett and all the packs currently on his land versus mine. In essence, it's exactly like catch the flag but instead of a flag, we're using a live boar."

Alpha Brett, like a Goliath, towered over Titania. Despite the fact there was at least a six inch height difference, it did not undermine the eeriness and deadly intent of the woman. If anything, it made her that much more of a predator that she truly was: virtuous looks aside.

The packs cheered at the declaration until a sour voice called her out, "Unfair. Your pack knows the land better than ours!"

Santiago was not pleased with the game presented to him. The odds were stacked against him, and as a man who always preferred to count his chickens before they hatched, he could not overlook the fact that Titania's side had the advantage.

Titania's exterior never wavered as she gave the male a look that signified just how idiotic his question was. Unconsciously, his shoulders slackened at the true iciness of the frozen stare drilled into him and even he felt his soul slightly blacken at such a glimpse.

"I can assure you the Ash Crescent know our land just as well, I wouldn't have paired the teams if they weren't compatible. Where's the fun if there's no challenge?" She taunted, daring the wolf to continue. As he continued to cowl she added sardonically, "You're also on the side with my pack."