Chapter 49

As social beings, wolves couldn't help but flock together. During their stay at Duskfall, connections had been made, both platonically and romantically, so it came as no surprise to Titania when the European wolves grouped together and continued to watch her with a suspicious eye. Everywhere she went, wolves watched, waiting for her to lose it. For feral wolves were notorious for the lack of control of their wild counterpart. She had come close on many occasions but had relied on her own self-mutilation to calm the beast's need for blood- her blood would suffice instead of that of the innocent.

She spat with menace at the Spaniard that laid on the ground below her: beaten, bruised and bloodied. Had they not learned that she was the Alpha? That this pack was hers? She thought as she her growl hung loosely throughout the spar rings. Many dipped their heads in respect at such a sound while others stared. Challenging her reign was idiotic before, but now she was a feral wolf, all hell broke loose at the disrespect.

As her blood thumped with adrenaline from the challenge, the beast let its presence known. "Anyone else?" Titania shouted, eyes blazing in the grey February weather.

She stalked towards the Lithuanian Alpha Louis who sat whispering to the Belgium and French Alphas in the side-lines. She addressed the Alphas, all who hadn't aided Duskfall in Alfonso's attempt of a takeover.

"No Alpha." They muttered; heads lowered in respect. Louis had remained quiet but as Titania snarled darkly, he too bent his head. Over the past couple of days, their authority over their wolves had taken on a change and they too could sense it in the air. Respect was crucial in wolf hierarchy and as Titania continued to undermine them, they were losing their stand. Hence why two had already sought an alliance with Titania. Both hastily rejected.

Satisfied with her visual sign of dominance, she strolled back to the spar rings to collect her items and return to her desk but not before a familiar voice rung out.

"I'll challenge you."

Titania's eyes flew to Brett who stood there nonchalantly. He cracked his fists and sent her a wicked smile- one that had the bond flickering between them.

"Very well. Don't think I'll go easy on you."

He ran his hand over the newly shaved stubble that adorned his sharp jawline as he discarded his shirt. "I wouldn't dream of it."

As the two Alphas got into position, wolves scuttled for front row seats. With distracted teenagers pointing and talking animatedly to one another, Angus was quick to notice, joining the group gathering around Titania and Brett and got them to back away, shouting at the teenagers to watch from afar. This was good for Duskfall, for wolves needed to see how powerful Titania was. Unfortunately, her instability posed a real danger to others safety.

With space around the two, Angus crossed his arms and mindlinked Eóghan, ensuring the teenagers were kept in line. It didn't take long for Titania's thunderous growls to motion for the start of what would be, many would call, an interesting spar.

Brett's instincts pulsed at the thought of hurting Titania- his claimed bondmate- but he knew that they needed this. Titania needed to stop ignoring the bond and recognise that she couldn't remain disengaged with her emotions despite their predicament. Avoiding him would fix nothing and if blood had to be spilt for her to recognise that they had a bond then so be it. Brett was done waiting around.

They shadowed each other around the ring, observing, as they tested the arms' reach between them. In this case, Brett had the upper hand with an extra three inches reach and six inches height, however Titania's size had never been a hindrance before.