Chapter 19

Titania's eyes flickered open come the rise of the morning sun.

She stretched her weary limbs, thankful that the heat had passed and relieved the tension within her muscles but froze as she came in contact with sparks. Arctic eyes shot open to fly to a sleeping figure to her side. He held her so tightly, as if her very essence drove him to be as close as physically possible so that their souls could touch. Not liking such intimate touches, her wolf shone through her eyes and she tore herself hastily apart. Forcing the bad memories to flee her brain.

Eyeing Nathan distastefully, the hazy memories of the night previous came back to her and she ran a tired hand over her face, remembering just how weak she had let herself be. Nathan awoke to see Titania cursing, her naked body in plain view as the brilliant sunlight shone off the pale skin. His mouth watered as the urge to claim once again came back, especially after the events of the night previous.

"Good morning." He yawned lazily as Titania shot him a murderous look.

"Why are you still here?" Straight to the point, she hardened her expression and Nathan recognized the exact moment that the mask of indifference graced the innocent features of her face. He scowled at such a show.

"Aren't you a chirpy one at six in the morning." He muttered, rolling onto his side, revealing the filled out chest that caught Titania's gaze. She shook her head and refocused. "I came to talk last night and then you had your heat..."

A barely there flush took to her cheeks as she turned away from Nathan's probing gaze. "You should have left me, I was coping just fine without you."

"Because that's exactly what it looked like." He rolled his eyes at her nonchalance. "I'm not going to sugarcoat this but you looked like shit and you seemed to calm after my arrival. If anything, I helped."

Nathan's chest puffed as he felt like he had achieved the primal need to aid his mate. His surly confidence leaked through his pores and Titania curled her upper lip. Nathan had barely done but caused her pain. Cold, hard pain.

Standing straight with her teeth bared she adorned a look that had Alphas on their knees. Ice cold and furious, her trained gaze burned holes into her fated. A look that had wolves submitting a neck to her will, a look that had her previous bondmates begging her for some form of mercy when all it promised was bleak and bitter death. She was not accepting that arrogance from her supposed fated when all he had brought to her life was torment. He was just a pup in their world and one that needed to be disciplined, needed to learn to respect his Alpha: one way or another.

She took a step forward with the grace of a highly trained predator and Nathan could feel the wintry fury emanating from her and gulped.

"Do you realize how idiotic that sounded? Even to my own ears." Lip curled with hard ire, "I suggest you rid yourself of that view of me. Every female succumbs to heat and it renders even the strongest of us weak. Do not think, for one second, that you did me any favours- if anything your rejection made my heat worse than just the average. You did nothing."

He gulped once more but the fire built within his hazel orbs. Meeting her stare, he quipped, "I came to your aid, that counts for something."

"Counts for something? Do not make me laugh." She followed with a cold chuckle, "And you did not come to my aid, you conveniently came here with bad timing and another god damn agenda. But we are not having this conversation, not when you act like a pup."

He growled lowly but dismissing him, Titania rummaged through her clothes pulling out her usual training attire before a rustle behind her informed her of Nathan's presence. "I suggest leaving." She said blandly.