Chapter 38

Against a white canvas, any mark is distinguishable. Blood drops, however small and miniscule in nature, certainly don't escape the sharp sight of a fully grown wolf. 

Alpha Jared couldn't contain his dark smirk as the trail of crimson lit up in front of him like Christmas lights. Even with the prevailing snowstorm that sounded around him, his eyes were pin-pointed and ready. One quick sniff and he knew it's source. 

The bitch that killed his son.

A quick snarl in the direction of the trail sent a few of his wolves into the mist. His tawny wolf, slightly smaller than the average Alpha, was struggling slightly against Mother Natures temperament, which was much tamer down in his pack in the South of England. The instinct for revenge boiled in his blood and that alone spurred him on.

Years worth of scheming was finally coming together. His prize just a few speckled blood spots in front. Only the snow impeded his vision while his dream to dig his teeth into Titania's hide was tantalizingly clear.

His son and only heir would finally get the justice he deserved. And how Jared's mouth watered at that.

I've got her Alpha, she's right ahead. The words from his third had his wolf pawing for the bitches head. With a growl to his waiting wolves, the signal clear, they moved out North towards Titania.

Remember, she's mine. Take her down but the final hit is for me and me alone.

Yes Alpha, his wolves responded unanimously. Tucking tail at the demand in their superiors voice. They knew what this meant to him, especially after witnessing first hand what devastation losing his only heir to the Rosevelt pack had caused. Not only had they lost the light in their Alpha's eyes but also suffered from the humiliation Titania left behind. The Scottish and English union was broken and they adorned a new reputation for being abusers that had other packs sneering at them. 

All lost due to one woman, one feeble excuse of a wolf in their eyes.

With their Alpha's command and rage through their pack link, the wolves flew through the trees towards their common enemy. The sub-zero wind meant nothing. The sleety hail meant nothing. All that mattered was to avenge their pack legacy. 

In no time, the wolves gave chase and caught up to the female. Titania howled as sharp canines punctured her back leg. Tumbling down into the unforgiving ground, she was soon surrounded by slobbering wolves. Two of which had their mouths wrapped around her hide. She bucked, throwing them off while she let her murderous rage be known. The trees shook, not at Mother Nature's wrath, but at Titania's malevolence that now saturated the crisp air. 

Blood was all her wolf wanted. To slaughter, to main and to destroy and these wolves were in her way.

As more wolves approached, the female fought back as the wild inside ordered. She held her corner but could feel her wolf weakening significantly. The weeks of living in the wild forests of Scotland had already impacted her slight physique and limited energy levels. With three Rosevelt bodies littered around her in crimson puddles, she pushed her fatigue to the back of her mind. She was in survival mode. Kill or be killed.

Another yelp fell from her throat as her thigh bone became exposed for the world to see. 

While in immense pain she lunged for the wolf, fierce paws raking over the black wolf's eyes, blinding the young male. It was a flurry of teeth and claws, bites and wounds traded back and forth. While the bodies piled up around Titania, she was withering. 

Four tawny wolves watched the carnage, surrounding Titania as she wore herself out over the warriors that dared to challenge her. 

With a final head jerk, Titania ripped the jugular out of the final male and growled menacingly at the four superiors of the Rosevelt pack; stood in their arrogant glory as they approached her.