Chapter 41

Lucy regarded the males in the food cabin with shrewd eyes.

Her mood had plummeted due to her mates' disposition. Marigold had been in a downturned depressive spiral; her panic attacks gradually getting worse. While she understood her mate's grief at losing someone, it was still hard for her not to let it hurt.

For the sting of Marigold's previous refusal of their bond still stung.

That, and the recent stress of Titania's return all equalled a temperamental teen that stared any wolf down that came close, including Angus as he approached her empty table.

"Better watch the wind doesn't keep that glare on your face. Would be a shame to ruin those cheeks." He pinched them brotherly while she swotted his bear-like hands away. A quick blush reddened her skin from embarrassment before swiftly flickering to annoyance.

She smacked the head warrior, "Get your filthy hands off me. Don't you have anything better to do than pester me?" At the shake of his head and the cheeky grin that he flashed her, she huffed a sigh. "Brilliant. Well, join the table." She motioned to the empty seats and snapped, "Just keep your hands to yourself or I'll bite em' off."

The grouchy attitude from the young wolf did not surprise Angus. He knew how big of an impact Titania had as a mentor to Lucy and being banned from seeing her while in recovery must have hit hard.

"Cheers grumpy, and all these hands want are some grub. I'm starved."

She acknowledged him before pushing her vegetables around her plate as her appetite diminished. Her face soured even further at the egotistical murmurs from the Spanish wolves. Alpha Alfonso had seemed to have risen back to his previous hateful podium and even hearing his grating voice from across the room had her wolf itching for a fight.

Angus, on the other hand, was wolfing his food down as if it was his last meal. The male had been training with Brett, as he was one of the few that could keep up with the male without withstanding too much damage, and that required a large appetite. Brett had a lot of pent up rage it seemed.

Through mouthfuls of food, he broached the blue-haired teen, "You gonna eat that?"

With a small shake of her head, she pushed her untouched plate to him. In mere seconds it was gone. Manners to the wind as the hulking male cleared the plate into his mouth.

Lucy rolled her eyes at the brute, "Really Angus? You only make the point that we're considered savages stronger by acting like that." She reprimanded the twenty-nine-year-old while motioning to the Spanish wolves who had their eyes on them.

"The sooner you don't give a shit the better," he advised, "it only makes them more prideful. Let them judge but when it comes to battlefield, we all know who's better." He grinned and Lucy's eyes lightened at the food stuck within his teeth.

She shook her head and rubbed her tired eyes, before a smirk took over her features, presenting her dimples. "Now you're on your high horse. Umm... who was the one that got their ass handed to them last night?"

She eyed his bruised face with a raised brow while he just sat back and grinned. Angus's green eyes gleamed at the challenge from the young teenager. Her spirit was that of a Duskfall warrior; he was lucky she had joined his ranks as a fledgling tracker. Her potential was growing day by day.

"That was against an ex-Alpha. Come back to me little miss when you've done the same. Brett's not an easy fight."

"I fought a Beta, that's close enough."

Angus let out a throaty laugh as he leant back into his chair. Smacking his chest, he replied, "He was a weak Beta, whether you want to pat yourself on the back for a win, good for you but he's no match against a wild wolf. Pah, even Garth could've had him down in less than three punches."