Hyper (BROTP - Moxiety)

Ship: BROTP or platonic Moxiety (it's more like father-son, but meh)

I got this prompt from the first prompt book of BBCanimefangirl

Please check her out! Note's at the bottom.

The night before VidCon was filled with packing, ensuring that the cameras were charging and double-checking (more like triple-checking, right?), courtesy of Anxiety's constant fretting. Thomas and the four main traits had negotiated that they would go to bed early as they would be waking up several hours before they usually did (A/N: I've never been to a convention, so you're gonna need to forgive me if I get any details wrong). Even Anxiety had promised that he would try to get a decent amount of shut-eye. 

The traits were close to settling into bed, only to be interrupted by loud laughter and voices coming from the hallway. Patton was the first to open his door to see who was making the ruckus. Apparently, Missy (Misleading Compliment) and Pranks (this one's pretty obvious, isn't it?) were still full of energy, chatting and giggling as they played tag. Patton shook his head; it took forever to settle the kids in bed sometimes, and he was hoping today wasn't going to be one of those days. Several seconds later, the remaining 3 traits opened their door to see the father figure trying to catch the attention of the bubbly kids. 

Pranks had begun chasing after Missy, trying to tickle him, which resulted in squeals that drowned out Patton's voice. Logan wasn't good with dealing kids so he decided to head back into his room and Roman trusted that Patton could handle them, so he retreated back into his room as well. Anxiety stood quiet in his doorway, watching as the dad tried to get the kids to quieted down and go up to bed. 

"Hey kiddos! Whatcha doin'?" Pranks slowed down long enough to respond to him.

"Tryin' to tickle Missy."

"Tryin' to escape from Pranks." 

"That sounds fun, but we have to wake up early tomorrow for VidCon. You should go to bed, kiddos." Both kids let out dramatic groans, making it obvious that they didn't want to go to sleep. Pranks looked thoughtful for a moment before looking to Patton.

"Okay, let's make a deal. Dad, if you can catch us, we'll go to sleep. 3, 2, 1, GO!" The kids counted down in sync, leaving no time for Patton to register their words. Almost instantly after they took off, Patton began chasing after them. 

"That's unfair! You got a head start!" But he didn't raise any other complaints with the deal. 

~5 minutes later~ 

The kids were still running, with no signs of tiring out. Patton might have been faster but his stamina levels were lower. He was panting after them, his speed beginning to decrease. He had to take a break, stopping and placing his hands onto his knees as he tried to regain his breath. The kids had noticed that he had stopped, so they also ceased several meters away, facing the father figure.

"Hey, Pranks, Missy, stop going so hard on Dad. You both know he shouldn't be wearing himself out so much." The low voice came from behind the two. Conveniently, they had stopped about a meter away from Anx's door, where he was still spectating. He felt kind of bad for Patton since he was the only one who was genuinely accepting of him. 

Pranks and Missy froze up when they heard the disapproving tone in Anxiety's voice and they looked down at the ground in guilt.

"Sorry Anx..." He raised an eyebrow at the two and jerked his head towards Patton, who was still catching his breath but observing the interaction between the 3. The younger traits seemed to get the memo, and turned around.

"Sorry dad..." They gave him puppy dog eyes, even though they knew that the moral side wouldn't be able to stay mad at them. He just smiled at them whilst they turned back to Anxiety when he spoke up again.

"M'kay, sleep. You've already had your fun." 

"But Anxxxxxxxx" He rolled his eyes, but a faint, fond smile was playing on his lips.

"How 'bout I read ya a bedtime story?" Enthusiastic nods and sparkly eyes were directed at him and he walked them towards their room. Patton followed after them, standing at the foot of the bunk bed, where Anx was tucking them in. 

He read Hansel and Gretel to them (A/N: I have no idea why I chose this fairytale, but I can't think of anything else right now) and they listened on in fascination. Once the tale was finished, he closed the book and gently slid it back into the shelf that resided next to their bunk bed. He mutely nodded at them as a goodnight, receiving two synchronised 'G'night Anx!'s. He held the door open for Patton to leave as well before gently shutting it. He was about to walk back to his room before he was stopped.

"So... Anx? You never let us call you that." The dark trait turned partially red, but without his foundation on, Morality saw it and grinned. Awkwardly coughing, he nodded (Anx nods a lot, lol).

"Yeah, well, you never asked. Plus I'm pretty close to the kids."

"Yep! I noticed! Why is that anyways?" 

He shrugged nonchalantly, thinking about his reply. "They accept me a lot easier than Princey and they actually listen to my opinions, so we're pretty close. I hang out with them when you guys are controlling Thomas. Sometimes I make their lunches when they're hungry, but yeah, we're pretty close I guess." He sounded normal, but there was an underlying tone of happiness that could be detected. Patton seemed pretty happy with the fact that Anx wasn't alone when he needed someone. But he still had one more question.

"But why'd ya help me out, kiddo? Don't you normally find these kinds of things too troublesome? You could have just gone straight to sleep." The dad was met with a confused expression, as if what he just said was unbelievable. 

"Dad, you manage a majority of us. You balance us out when we start losing it, you make food for us and you still maintain your cheery mood. Plus you accept me for who I am and I'm grateful for that. You do a lot more than what Princey and Logic think you do. I'm just trying to pay you back." His face was fully flushed, but he knew that it had to be said. What he wasn't expecting was to get tackled with a hug.

"Aw! Kiddo! That's so sweet! Thanks for that. And I know that you might think you're only seen at the villain, but I promise I don't think of you like that." Smiles were exchanged at the moment of understanding as Anx actually hugged back. They let go after a while, said their goodnights and went to bed with smiles still etched on their faces. 

~Next morning~

"Breakfast is ready kiddos!" 

Three pairs of footsteps shuffled sleepily into the dining room, sitting themselves into their personal spots.

"Morning Logan, Roman, Anx!"

It took a while for Logan and Roman to register what had been said.

"Anx?!" 

Hallo! 

Okay, I'm almost certain there are typos, but it's 11pm and I'm in a writing mood. 

Hope you liked it. Please tell me your opinion on it.

I take requests. 

Okay, cya next time.

~Corynn