Headphones (OTP - Prinxiety)

Ship: Prinxiety (cause it's been a while since I've done Prinxiety) (Established relationship)

Decided that you guys needed some fluff cause I haven't done PURE FLUFF in a while.

Note is at the bottom!

Roman cursed, only just realising that he had forgotten the shopping list. When he had just gotten to the shop. God, he could have remembered on the way there or when he was starting up the car but no, he just had to remember when he had gotten there.

Groaning, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Patton's number as he walked through the grocery door. As he grabbed a basket, he heard the line connect.

"Heya Roman! What's up?"

"Hi Patton. I kinda ended up forgetting the shopping list," He heard Patton chuckle and he scowled, "so could you take a picture and send it to me?"

"Sure thing kiddo! I'll do it now."

Roman was about to end the call when he heard a sniffle and whine in the background noise. He froze, already knowing who made it. He had been around for too many of his attacks and 'grey days' to not to be able to identify his own boyfriend's distress.

"Patton, why is Virgil crying?"

A nervous chuckle came from Patton's end of the line and Roman felt uneasy as he waited for the answer.

"Well... Virgil used his headphones so much that they've broken and he needs his music to calm him down. Especially since Thomas has a party tonight, he's more anxious. He can't use his speaker cause Logan is planning for the party and can't work with loud sounds. Thomas is using his headphones for editing and none of us actually own headphones other than Virgil. So he's stuck without music and the anxiety is getting to him. I've been calming him down in the Common Room though, so he's feeling better."

Roman frowned in concern, wanting to rush back immediately but he knew he could trust Patton. Releasing an sigh, Roman ran a hand through his sangria hair. "Okay. Patton, I'm trusting you to take care of him."

"Of course kiddo!"

"Thanks. I'll be back soon."

He ended the call, sliding his phone back into his pocket whilst grabbing his wallet. He opened it up and counted how much he had. Barely $50.

At that moment, he felt his phone buzz and he saw a picture of the list. He'd been shopping enough times to estimate how much he'd have to spend; around $24.

Just enough money left over to buy new headphones for Virgil.

Frowning, Roman bit his lip in contemplation. He'd originally brought more than his usual amount because he had intended on getting himself a new sash, which cost about $20. So if he were to get his sash, he wouldn't be able to get Virgil's headphones. He hummed in thought before reaching his conclusion; his boyfriend's wellbeing and happiness was above his priorities of a new sash.

It was a piece of red fabric that didn't serve too much a purpose other than making him look regal. Headphones were Virgil's sanctity. Besides, the smiles that his boyfriend reserved for him, and him alone, were more than enough to warrant his decision.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home!" Roman grunted out as he carried heavy bags of groceries through the door.

Patton came rushing towards him to help him out with Virgil tailing quietly behind him. Roman didn't miss the sparkle that appeared in his eyes when they made eye contact with each other.