Shamelessly Old-Fashioned (OTP - Logince)

Ship: OTP Logince

TW: none

Word count: 1139

Note is at the bottom!

There was something wholly gratifying about writing a romantic letter to your loved one.

The satisfaction of being able to weave together a string of words to form a sentence that expressed the warmth of one's love brought about a sense of pride that was rarely ever felt outside of great achievement. It wasn't often that one was able to do justice to what was they wanted to express to their lover; to be able to even attempt to unfurl the mess of a knot within themself and use those strands to create a representation of their love was no easy feat.

Especially considering that literature was typically technical and had some form of structure to it. Emotion was often a direct contradiction to such a thing--rampant and eager and overly complex--so it was no surprise that there was no way to completely, accurately capture one's feelings with words alone.

Still, that was never truly an effective deterrent.

In fact, it seemed to encourage such attempts. To delve into the uncharted territory that came with experiencing emotion was an activity many indulged in, whether they be studying psychologists, introspective poets, curious children, or starcrossed lovers.

There was no shortage of people participating in the venture to understand the many mysteries of love and passion.

Which was why Logan was currently seated over his desk, at 2am in the morning with multiple empty mugs of coffee scattered around him, with a pen in hand and a letter writing set laid out in front of him.

Because it was one thing to write romantic prose, it was another to do it on a physical letter.

Call him old-fashioned, but writing your boyfriend a love letter was likely one of the most romantic gestures possible.

Physical affection was indeed an option. But that was such a fleeting means of expression that Logan found it did no justice in assuring his love of his affections towards him.

To provide your lover with a physical means of your love was not only thoughtful but terribly sappy. By providing them with a physical love letter, not only do you spend time and effort in actually composing heartfelt content, but you give them an item they can hold close and dear to their heart. You give them an item they can hold in their hands and turn over as many times as they so wish. You give them an item that can show signs of gentle handling and constant revisiting through worn edges. You give them an item that has your very own handwriting on it. You give them an item they can tuck lovingly into the top drawer of their desk.

You give them an item that won't disappear; not like homemade dinners, not like forehead kisses, not like nights out for dates. Not even like memories.

So feel free. Call him old-fashioned for spending time hunched over a desk, carefully and meticulously writing out a poem or a compliment or even a ramble about his overwhelming fondness on a letter for his boyfriend.

He found no shame in that.

~~~~~~~~~~

As someone gifted with the nickname Princey, one would think that he would embody three main stereotypes: the chivalrous brave warrior, the confident speaker of crowds, and the respectful gentleman.

And in that case, one would think correctly.

The title had been a joke at first; teasing but not unkind. However, as time went on, the Sides found that it suited him more than his given name, and that was that. Though, in some situations, they opted to simply calling him dramatic.