7/11 (BROTP - Moxiety) [1/3]

Ship: BROTP Moxiety

TW: Implied self-harm

I have a tag I have to do as well!

This is based on the song 'Freeze Your Brain' from Heathers.

This is set when Roman is egoistic, rude and is always blaming Virgil for causing Thomas to be anxious.

Note and tag at the bottom!

Virgil had been cooped up in his room for almost a week. He hadn't left even when he'd been summoned and the only time he ate was when Patton force-fed him. He'd been lying on his bed, just blankly staring at his ceiling. His limbs were numb, lying limp onto his mattress. A glaze of lifelessness covered his usual mocha eyes. Occasionally, tears would escape from his tear ducts but he didn't bother even lifting a finger to wipe them away. He let them overflow and drip down his face, pooling onto his pillow. His skin stung, multiple lines of cuts open and clinging onto the fabric of his clothes.

He didn't find the time boring. In fact, he'd much rather feel bored than suffer his mind waging war on itself. He could feel the ongoing clashing of his mind constantly pulling up past events and events that were to come. He could feel all of the hopeless coursing through his body. He could feel it all. And he hated it. That's why he'd given up. He let the numbness take over his body, but he could do nothing to silence the pounding headache from the locked up thoughts that finally had their chance to escape. All he could do was let the waves of anxiety wash over him and weakly let it win.

All of the voices in his head, all the complaints, all the whining and all the whispers blended together. It was chaos. There wasn't any other word to describe it. Just... chaotic. But unfortunately, this wasn't the first time it had happened. It was almost normal.

However, out of all the voices in his head, one distinctly echoed through it all.

Cut

Cut

Cut

Cut

Cut

Cut

Cut

If it was an outside sound, Virgil would have expertly blocked it out. He could have said 'shut up' to it. But he couldn't really say shut up to his own mind, can he? He couldn't ignore it either. Ignoring his brain's instructions was basically throwing away all links to logic.

His resistance soon crumbled, his trembling hand reaching out for the razor blade which resided in his bedside table's drawer. Just as he pulled out the drawer, he heard a knock on the door. Lazily looking at his clock, he noticed it was dinner time. It must have been Patton.

In his dazed state, Virgil hadn't locked his door so Patton had no issues with opening the door. With a smile on his face, he turned to Virgil about to greet him.

He froze, his smile fading hastily. His fatherly instinct kicked in and he dropped the tray of food, opting instead to make Virgil's safety his priority. Rushing over at a speed he didn't knew he had, Patton threw the razor out of Virgil's hands and turning Virgil's face towards his.

"Virgil! Please don't tell me you were about to use it! Please..." Patton's voice faded towards the end. Not wanting to face the truth. Shielding himself from the possibility that one of his son's purposely harming themselves.

"Yeah, I was. Whatever." Virgil's casual tone, as if I was an obvious thing, made Patton's heart stop for a bit. Patton knew that he had no right to cry, that Virgil was suffering, but he couldn't help the salty fluid from forming into his eyes. His eyes went glassy and his glasses became foggy.