Pleeeeease? (BROTP - Moxiety)

Ship: BROTP Moxiety (I GET IT, I KEEP ON DOING MOXIETY AND BROTP, BUT THIS IS A REQUEST, M'KAY?) 

Lol, sorry, I'm annoyed that I keep on writing BROTP and Moxiety. I promise I'll switch it up soon, but this is a request from Icantnamestuff

Do me a favour and check them out, okay? Also, they are a non binary pal, so keep watch out for your pronoun use if you wanna comment/mention them. 

Prompt: Anxiety bakes something and Morality is now nagging Anx to teach him.

It was an ungodly hour (A/N: pfft, this is what I call like 7am in the morning when I need to wake up. But in this context, it's just REALLY late/early in the morning). All the lights were out, indicating that no one was awake. Well... there's just one light on and just one persona who was still awake. No, this light was not from a bedroom like you'd expect. Instead, it belonged to the kitchen. Shuffling around quietly near the counter was a darkly dressed figure. 

Virgil opened up a cabinet, thanking whatever deity up there that it made no sound. He removed a large bowl and a baking tin. Opening another cabinet, he fumbled around before he came across the ingredients he needed. Picking up the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla essence and dark chocolate, he placed it on the counter and reached for the measuring cups and spoons they had in a drawer. 

Walking over to the fridge, he removed 4 eggs and a stick of butter. Measuring out the ingredients like they were a second instinct to him, he slowly combined the ingredients together until he got a chocolaty (is that a word?) brown mixture. Virgil baked on most nights since he was unable to sleep and felt restless. 

~time skip to the tin already in the oven and he's scrolling on tumblr cause I know nothing about baking~

Huddling himself up in his hoodie, the only movement that was actually present in the room was his finger dragging across the screen and the rising of the brownies as they baked, but other than that, Virgil was quite still. 

Which is why he got startled so much when he heard the pattering of feet coming in his direction. In a matter of seconds, a figure in a cat-onesie appeared at the doorway. The glasses over his eyes were tilted and he looked panicked before his eyes landed on the figure seated in a chair. Exhaling a sigh of relief, he looked confused at the startled trait. 

"H-hey Patton." An awkward wave accompanied the dark trait's greeting. 

"Hey kiddo. Thank goodness, I thought I left the light on. What're you doing up so late? You should be in bed." Patton didn't sound very annoyed that Virgil was out of bed. He was more concerned for his dark, strange son (A/N: I'm thinking of watching Heathers, but I don't want to cry! What do you guys think?).

Shrugging, Virgil tried be nonchalant about his sleeping issues. 

"I can't really sleep. Being the embodiment of anxiety, it's kinda expected. So most nights I just bake..." he mumbled.

"Well shucks! That's not good! You need more sleep! But that explains why I notice some things missing when I go to cook."  

Shrugging again, Virgil turned his attention back to the oven. He'd gotten accustomed to the timing of his baking, which meant that they would be done in just a few seconds...

 Ding! 

Yup, there it is. Getting out of his seat, he slipped an oven mitten onto his hand and pulled the tin out of the oven and into a cooling rack. Patton tiptoed over and peered into the pan. 

"These brownies look delicious, kiddo! I had no idea you could bake!" 

Scoffing in an embarrassed manner, he tried to hide the fact that the compliment fed his self-esteem. Looking down to hide his smile, Virgil cut the brownies into small squares and offered a few to the parental figure who was watching over his shoulder. 

Bouncing around excitedly, the fatherly trait pick up one of the warm pieces of chocolaty goodness (A/N: don't hate me, but I've never had brownies, so I have no idea what they're like). Taking a bite, he almost melted the same way the brownie did in his mouth. The fluffy texture lasted just long enough before it melted. The melted, gooey chocolate filled his mouth but wasn't overwhelmingly sweet. He finished the brownies at the speed of sound and looked back at Virg with the most adorable puppy dog eyes while pushing the plate in front of him. 

Virgil, hardly able to contain his laughter, covered his mouth as a few chuckles made it out. But he put a few more brownies onto the plate anyways and pushed it back to Patton. 

"I'm glad you like them." A fraction of a smile was directed at Patton, who was still soaking in the deliciousness of the brownies. A grin and bright eyes responded. 

"These brownies are better than mine! What's your secret?? Please, will you tell me??" The bright eyes had transitioned into puppy dog eyes again. 

Covering his lips with a finger, Virgil smirked.

"It's a secret."

And with that, he walked back to his room.

~Next Morning~

"KIDDO!! TELL ME YOUR SECRET!" 

Virgil was currently running away with Patton not too far behind. They were running around the mindscape, Patton occasionally yelling out the same phrase with Virgil giving the same response; No. 

Seeing his room door open, he thanked himself for being so forgetful and somersaulted into his room. He made it into the room in record time but wasn't able to shut the door before Patton made it in as well. Geez, he was determined. 

Marching up to Virgil until he was backed up against a wall, he smiled innocently. 

"Kiddo. Tell me your secret?" He repeated in the sweetest tone he could. 

Shuddering, Virgil cracked under the pressure!

"Okay! Okay! Geez, remind me to never try to keep a baking secret from you again..." 

Cupping his hands together, he whispered his secret into Patton's ear (A/N: I know nothing about baking and special secrets, so you can make it up to suit whatever you think it is) who ooh-ed in response. 

The father figure than bolted off to the kitchen to try it out. Rolling his eyes at how much energy Patton still had after all the chasing, Virgil fell back onto his bed. And then he chuckled.

I DON'T KNOW.

I'M SORRY THIS WAS SO BAD ;-; 

Okay, I'm definitely not gonna sulk in the corner about the outcome of this one-shot... nope, not at all. 

I did this in like an hour, so I haven't edited it. Again, there are almost certainly gonna be typos. 

It's late. I need sleep. I look like death nowadays, lol.

QUESTION: DO YOU WANT THE ENDING TO BE ANGSTY OR FLUFFY FOR THE ONE-SHOT YOU GUYS REQUESTED ABOUT THE NIGHTMARES THAT I MENTIONED IN MY 'The Villain' FICS? 

If I get no responses, I'm probably gonna make it fluffy. 

Cya next time!

~Corynn