Tap (OTP - Analogical)

Ship: Analogical

I need to stop staying up late to write these, haha. 

Okay, guys, this is really bad. I'm so sorry. I'm just feeling really down because of an offhanded comment that my friend made. But I also wanted to write. 

Oh, and I got tagged by 2 people, in 2 different tags. So I'm doing the first one here and the second one in the next fic. I didn't want to make a chapter with just a tag in it, because I don't think you guys came to this booklet to read tags, so I had to write a chapter to go with it. 

Note and tag is at the bottom!

Virgil had known morse code ever since he wanted to say something without actually having to saying anything. It was his way of expressing words that he couldn't share without choking up or triggering an anxiety attack. It was just a way of communication. But there was a catch, there always was. It was the fact that no one knew morse code. At least, not to his knowledge. They probably just assumed that his tapping against the table or wall was a method of fidgeting. 

Most of the time, it was a problem because he just wanted to be understood (A/N: same dude, same). But in this case, it was a blessing.

What was the situation? Well, he was alone with Logan, sitting in the Common Room, scrolling on tumblr whilst the logical trait was reading, as usual. It was quite peaceful since the two bubbly personas were at the field that was close by. 

Well, the atmosphere was quite peaceful but Virgil was currently having internal conflict. You see, Virgil had recently come to the conclusion that he was in love with Logan. He never would have reached that conclusion had it not been for some help with the troubling emotions *cough cough* BROTP Prinxiety *cough cough*. 

Virgil and Logan had become closer particularly after the debate they had. They had begun hanging around each other just for the sake of killing time. No words needed to be exchanged, but they often held small conversations anyways. 

Virgil fell in love with the way that the logical trait let down his emotionless wall whenever he was around him. He loved the small smiles that Logan would try to hide whenever they spoke about a topic he enjoyed. He was charmed by the way his eyes sparkled when he was reading or when he learnt something new. He was attracted to the way he would run his hand through his hair on occasion and his bangs would frame his face better. He was exhilarated when he would remove his glasses (A/N: am I the only one who wants to see Logan without his glasses on?). 

Logan always made time for Virgil, no matter how busy he was. It made Virgil feel like he was worth more than what the voices in his head told him. And he thoroughly appreciated that. But he wanted more.

So that's why he was here, tapping his fingers against the couch arm. 

|._..|___|__.|._|_.|..|._..|___|..._|.|_.__|___|.._|

(Logan, I love you)

He prayed to whatever deity up there that Logan had not recently learnt morse code. 

No reaction. He let out a sigh of relief which he disguised as an exhale. An almost unnoticeable fraction of the weight on his shoulders lifted. He could do this. Bit by bit, he would tap away his anxiety. Maybe one day, just maybe, he'll be able to confess. But for now, this was enough. 

Nowadays, every time he was alone with Logan, he would tap out the same message at least once. 

And it worked. Each and every time, a fragment of his anxiety would dissipate. Still a long way to go, but progress was progress. 

~Time skip to Logan's birthday (I'm pretending it's like a month later)~

Logan had escaped from the grasps of the fanciful and moral personas. They always went over the top when it came to birthdays. He was grateful that they cared, but they went a little too far sometimes. He just needed a break.