We Meet Again (OTP - Prinxiety) [2/2]

Ship: Prinxiety

TW: Swearing. Like, a lot (but not an overwhelming amount)

Note is at the bottom!

Previously...

I didn't want the silence, no matter how awkward it was, to be broken. I hated it when things became broken. Too many things in my life had, like silence, my happiness and... my heart.

Shall we begin?

I tried distracting myself by staring into my cup and looking at the frothy, chocolaty liquid. I watched it swirl around like my internal emotions and then lifted it to my lips to take a sip to quell the devouring pit in my stomach that I knew wasn't from hunger.

When I placed it down, Roman looked up resolutely. I was hoping for the silence to stick around for just a little longer but it seemed that he had other plans. I had to swallow down both the liquid and the heart that felt as if was in my throat.

"Virgil," He started, "I know we didn't end on very good terms and me showing up out of the blue probably isn't the best way to catch up, but I'll take what I can get. Just give me a chance and listen first, yeah?"

I blinked back tears because I didn't know if I wanted to give the person in front of me second chance. He ripped me apart so easily that I didn't know if I was human or paper. He scattered my pieces around and stepped on them, purposely or accidentally, I didnt know. I'd gotten too close to the sun and gotten burnt. I was so attracted to his sweet words, his gentle caresses, his soft kisses, his warm cuddles and his attractiveness that the pain was unexpected. I still remember the traumatising day as if it were yesterday. I had barely been able to move on without doing anything (too) harmful. He had given me so much pain, so much anguish and so much sadness and here he was, asking for another chance. I didn't want to give it to him. I didn't want to hurt again. I didn't want to face heartbreak again. But despite my heart and mind's fervent protests, my body moved on its on and nodded.

Momentarily, Roman shot me a thankful glance but it was replaced with fiery determination that made me feel unnerved.

"I-I just... can we start over? I know I hurt you and all, but whatever happened in the past happened. Can we try again?"

That's it? No sorry, no explanation? Not even the smallest hint of guilt? I could feel the rage simmering under my skin and I grit my teeth and abruptly stood up as I snarled out my next words.

"You broke up with me! You broke my heart! You took it and disregarded it like it was trash! I ended up STARVING MYSELF FOR WEEKS. I COULD BARELY SPEAK BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH I SCREAMED WHILST CRYING MY EYES DRY!"

Roman opened his mouth interrupt me, but I wouldn't allow it. I would force him to understand what he had done to me.

"I FELL BACK INTO MY OLD SELF-HARM HABITS! I BECAME SUICIDAL! AGAIN! BECAUSE YOU LEFT ME! DON'T YOU DARE EXPECT ME TO COME CRAWLING BACK TO YOU THAT EASILY!"

I saw him visibly deflate into his seat, his face directed at the floor, unable to face me. Whether it be because of the guilt or because of how my anger was directed at him, I didn't know and I didn't care. I took in a deep breath, recollecting my calmness since I knew I'd eventually do something I'd regret if I didn't.

I glared down angrily at him and sat myself back down, drinking my hot chocolate again as if it was going to help somehow. And it did. The sweetness distracted me from Roman, who seemed to having some internal turmoil. I didn't feel guilty, since he'd made me suffer for 3 years without some form of closure or reassurance.