Fitting In (no ship) [2/2]

Ship: No ship

TW: Identities (again, judgmental a**holes, the exit door is over there)

Okay, I know I said 'maybe in two days' but I didn't think I'd make it. But I did!

I only did this because I'm going through a few issues and I need something to use as an outlet.

Note and rant (if you care enough to read it) is at the bottom!

Previously...

But one day, Virgil got sick of hearing the use of the 'he/him' pronouns. They didn't decide to come out because they were brave. No way. They decided to come out because they were sick of it. They felt unbearably restless and edgy whenever they heard them.

They were going to do it.

But not without taking some precautions.

Here we go. (They/them pronouns at this part)

Virgil rushed towards their closet, pulling open the door and hastily grabbed the black backpack that they hid towards the back, they chucked in supplies that they would need.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, some black clothes, makeup, money that they had saved up over several years, hoodie, phone, charger, headphones, a thin blanket and a few snacks. Lacing up some sport shoes they rarely ever used, they ensured that they were comfortable enough to run in.

They knew that they would probably accept their new identity, but they were Anxiety. They were paranoid. They worried. They fretted. They tore themselves up just thinking about what might happen. After all, nothing is truly impossible. Theoretically, there is always a small probability. They weren't going to risk it.

Slinging the bag over their shoulder, they quickly grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. Wasting no time to filter out their emotions or thoughts, they wrote down the truth and that they were going to be who they wanted to be and they weren't going to let them say otherwise. It may have sounded a but rude, but they made sure to apologise profusely at the end for not being the person they wanted them to be. Shoving it carefully but swiftly into an envelope, they wrote 'To Thomas, Patton, Logan and Roman', adding in a small 'please read' beneath that.

Bursting out of his room with backpack slung on a shoulder and letter in hand, they startled everyone in the mindspace's Common Room. Not bothering to make eye contact, they threw it in Patton's direction (who did manage to catch it) and materialised themselves into the real world. Thomas was about to greet them, but didn't manage to since Virgil was already out the door and running away.

Virgil ran. They ran like their life depended on it, even though they knew that they probably wouldn't finish reading the letter for a while. They ran until they realised their lungs were burning and their legs were aching. Slowing down to a jog, they looked behind, relieved to notice that no one was tailing them.

And there it was. Their destination. A large oak tree that had convenient placement of branches which helped them climb up high. They reached near the top, where there was a hollow in the trunk which was actually quite stable. Again, convenient. They chucked the backpack into one of the corners and sighed.

They took in a deep breath and stepped out of the hollow, stepping out onto a branch and sitting themself down, legs dangling. Looking up, they wondered what had happened.

~Meanwhile~

Patton had been confused when he caught the letter, even more so when he noticed Virgil materialise into the real world. Looking down curiously at the letter, he noticed that it was addressed to all of them.