Tip (OTP - Logicality) [1/2]

Ship: Logicality

AU where Logan is in college and works part time at a café.

Note is at the bottom!

Logan had been sleep deprived all week. He knew that logically, he required at least 8 hours of sleep per night, but exams had been flooding his schedule, studying was a priority of his (despite the fact that he had been told countless times that his current knowledge was well beyond his years) and he had a job at the local café. He couldn't quit the job either, especially since he needed the money for his college. He'd only been getting a maximum of 5 hours (A/N: I don't even get that much sleep. 5 hours is lucky. BE HAPPY LOGAN!) of sleep per day and it'd started taking its toll on him. His sight occasionally became bleary, his dark circles became more noticeable and he constantly rubbed his eyes throughout the course of the day. Of course, due to the lack of sleep, his patience levels had decreased and he often had an aura of annoyance accompanying him. This had been going on for almost a week and exams weren't going to end for another two more weeks. So he was in for a treat, now wasn't he?

Anyways, he worked the afternoon shift in the weekends at the café, so thankfully, he was able to sleep in, even if it may have only been a slight difference than a regular school day. That didn't mean that he wasn't sleep deprived though, so the thought of having to deal with people had put him in a bad mood (A/N: same dude, same) the moment he slipped behind the counter. Thankfully, his boss had noticed his bad mood and prevented any customers who would have possibly been a nuisance from going to Logan's counter. After all, he'd already witnessed Logan in a threatening light. He did not want to see the angry side of him. Logan was usually a calm, collected person but take away his control and it was a mess. Full stop.

Throughout the day, Logan had barely been able to keep his annoyance from showing. The only thing keeping him from snapping was the fact that the customers had been kind enough to tip him. Of course they weren't too large but they were considerably decent.

Towards the end of the day, his patience meter was slowly decreasing since he had previously had to deal with an idiotic customer (A/N: we all know what it's like). Thankfully, his shift was ending in around 15 minutes.

The door opened, the bell ringing to notify the workers that a customer had just entered. Logan looked up the assess them. Male. Hazel hair and eyes. Black framed glasses. Khaki trousers. Blue collared shirt. Grey cardigan tied around his shoulders. And an overwhelming positive presence. Logan did not want to deal with an overly bubbly customer but a glance at his coworker's long queue made him decide to take the customer. He gestured for the customer to come to his counter, which he did promptly.

The customer grinned as a greeting to Logan but stared at him for a bit before reducing his grin down to a warm smile. His voice was gentle, completely startling Logan since he expected the man to have a louder voice.

"Hello! Could I please get a vanilla latte? Patton for the name please. Thanks!" Huh, well mannered as well.

Nodding since Logan was too exhausted to verbally respond, he wrote the order on the cup as well as Patton's name. Patton didn't really seem to mind though. Taking out a fifty, he handed it to Logan who automatically calculated and gave him his change.

Patton took note of this and looked at him in awe.

"Wow, your math skills are really good. College student, right?"

"Thank you. Indeed, I am a college student." He decided to respond with.

Nodding as if he was confirming something, Patton stared at him again.

"Is there an issue, sir?"

Chuckling a bit, Patton shook his head, waiting for his laughter to dissipate.