Away (OTP - Analogical)

Ship:  Analogical (with a small smidge of Royality)

TW: Swearing (I feel like every single one of my chapters has a swear warning now, lol)

Guess who's back?

Yup, I'm off break! I was supposed to make progress on my writing comp stuff, but I ended up not doing so cause I hated my writing so much that I kept deleting it and restarting.

So here I am, a week later with nothing.

So I just decided I'd go back to writing on here and work on it in my free time. So yeah.

I realised I hadn't done Analogical in a while, so I kinda rushed this idea. It sucks, so be prepared.

Note is at the bottom.

Blue stripes. Black polos. The scent of coffee. The scent of sweet musk. Blue ballpoint pens. The alarm set for 6am sharp. Periodic tables. Violins. Sherlock. Libraries. Recyclable materials. Blue carpet. Marble counters. Geodes. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Agatha Christie. Calling vs texting. White wine. Stargazing. Telescopes.

Strange and/or mundane things that constantly reminded Virgil of him. Logan had so easily made an impression in his life, and it was only after he was gone that he realised just how big that impact was.

Virgil sighed, twisting the gold ring on his fourth finger as he bit his lip. He glanced at the clock on the bedside table for what might have been the thousandth time that night. The time had barely changed once again; 4:24am.

His hand moved from his side towards the empty left side of the bed. Cold. He was so used to have his husband's warmth next to him. The bed felt so empty.

Teenagers scare-

Virgil dived for his phone, swiping 'accept'.

"Ah, Salutations, my love."

He positively melted at the silky, rich voice that came from the phone. God, he'd missed his husband's voice so damn much. Especially in the late hours of the night, when he was restless or shaken by a nightmare, when it was laced with sleep and drowsiness. But right now, Virgil knew that Logan was greeting him with the addicting deep voice that he reserved for him, and only him.

"Hey babe." He answered breathlessly, a ridiculous grin lighting up his face.

"I just called to wish you a pleasant sleep. Which you should be having right now," Logan stage whispered, "considering that it is 4:30 in the morning."

"It's not though! It's like," Virgil giggled childishly as he stole another glance at the clock, "only 4:27."

"...I do not know why I even try. I suppose it is because I love you."

"I love you too." Virgil felt his face warm up as his cheeks flushed. They'd been married for several years already, but he still couldn't help get flustered whenever Logan said it.

"I promise I will be home soon, my love."

"I know, I know. You told me. I just wish your business trip wasn't so long..."

A single amused laugh came from the phone. "It has only been two weeks. And we have managed to call every 2-3 days."

"I know." Virgil admitted, his smile widening at the sound of Logan's laugh.

"Well, I am pleased to announce that I should be back within the next week or so. Depending on when my clients are able to get it through their thick skulls that it is their current financial strategies are causing their downfall."