Checkmate (OTP - Moxiety)

Ship: Moxiety

TW: Drugs (no one uses, dw), swearing

This was requested by HaybugAllyGracie1234. To be completely honest, I'm not really feeling this request, but I'll try to write it anyways.

It was requested that this have fluffy Moxiety, but with the plot that I have in mind, I don't think they'll be much of that. We'll see though.

FUTURE ME: UHH, YEAH, THERE IS HARDLY ANY FLUFF BUT UH... MAYBE BADASS MOXIETY WILL MAKE UP FOR IT CAUSE THERE IS A LOT OF THAT

Note is at the bottom!

"Oh? Would you look at that?" He smirked, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. "Have you still not learnt your lesson?"

They kept their heads down; they knew better than to respond. Yesterday had been enough to teach them that it was useless to even try. 

But his voice followed them, almost provoking them to fight back. "I told you that you aren't welcome in my territory. This school, the people in it, treat me as their king. You will submit."

"Maybe I will once you actually submit an assignment that you haven't bullied someone into doing for you." God, his snark would be the end of him one day.

"What did you say, emo freak?"

"I said," Virgil whipped off his hoodie, glaring at him, "Maybe I would if you weren't such a FUCKING IDIOT!"

"Virgil!" Patton warned, stepping in front of him. "I'm sorry, Roman. He didn't mean it. He was just...joking!"

"You're a joke." Roman hissed. "I will never understand what Logan saw in you two."

"Leave Logan out of this!" Virgil shoved his way towards Roman, grabbing a handful of his shirt and drew back his fist; a silent threat.

The bully just scoffed. "Not my fault he chose me over you. I just offered him a place in my squad. I never influenced his decision."

The growl that came out of Virgil sounded viciously feral. With his teeth clenched, his fist shook from the pure rage that coursed through his body. The only thing stopping him from punching Roman was the fact that he refused to stoop as low as his bully had.

Yesterday, he'd received a beating. The day before that, he'd received a beating through defending Patton. 

Today, he would not fall into the trap.

He hadn't even realised that he had begun lifting up the bully from the ground with one hand alone, at least not until he let go. Roman fell ungracefully and in that one moment, he was lower than Virgil.

"I will be the cause of your downfall, O Grand King." He mocked, before striding towards Patton and grabbing his arm. He walked away, parting crowds with the act that he had just performed.

"I warned you," Logan reprimanded as he stepped out of the crowds to lend a hand to Roman, "to never provoke them."

"One's an emo, and one's a literal child. What harm could they ever do to my reign?" Roman dusted himself off, shaking his head.

"No, Roman. I may be intelligent, but even I fear them."

"How so?"

"I may be proficient in terms of knowledge. But one of them is manipulative, and one of them is resourceful. You'd do well to not underestimate them." He explained cryptically.