I Told You So (no ship)

Ship: no ship

TW: Swearing

I'm gonna straight (haha) out say it now; This fic is angsty.

It's a vent piece actually. I had 3 other ideas I was gonna write but shit happened and I'm hating myself and I kinda need to write to get it all out cause otherwise I'll bottle it all up (which I'm doing anyways but whatever)

Note is at the bottom!

"Don't worry." They'd said.

"I will." He'd said.

"We won't forget you." They said.

"You will." He'd said.

"We won't replace you." They'd said.

"You will." He said.

"You're important to us." They'd said.

"I'm not." He'd said.

"We won't leave you behind." They'd said.

"You will." He'd said.

"We love you." They'd said.

"You don't." He'd said.

...

"I told you so." He'd said.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Poor Virgil." The voice jeered, his name rolling off their tongue with a disapproving lilt. "How naïve you've gotten. Letting your guard down like this."

"Shut up." He hissed, glaring resolutely at the wall as if it had committed a shameful crime.

"You forgot your place, didn't you? And now, you're being forgotten." 

The echoing cackle that served as a postlude to the mockery set the scowl on his face further into place. The creases of his brows grew to be more pronounced, and he wondered if the sound of his gritting teeth was louder than the taunting chortle.

"They're not forgetting me. They love me." 

The conviction in his voice was practically nonexistent, and the doleful note that intertwined itself into his voice spoke volumes of who he was really trying to persuade.

The voice sighed, their previous boldness flooding out of them in the process. "Oh, it pains me to hear such lies from you, Virgil. I'm not a villain. I'm the voice in your head."

"Who lies to me." Virgil retorted flatly.

"Very well. Believe what you will."

"I will."

("I shouldn't have.")

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, slimy boi."

Deceit grimaced. "Please refrain from ever referring to me as that again."

"Hm. Maybe." Virgil quipped, the little shit. "Anyways. Dad says we're not very nice to you, and we should bond or whatever."

"...gross."

"Yeah. I know." 

"But this is Patton. Which means..."

"Yeah. You're not getting out of this. Not unless like, y'know, you want him to hunt you the fuck down."

"Yeah, I prefer life, thanks."