Blue (OTP - Moxiety)

Ship: Moxiety

This was requested by HaybugAllyGracie1234. I'm so bad at doing requests justice, so I'm sorry in advance.

I was hoping I could make this update a bit earlier, but those who have me on snapchat and insta would know I couldn't afford to sleep late yesterday.

I'll explain

Note is at the bottom!

Blue.

His favourite colour.

He should've noticed earlier.

After all, blue...

...was not a happy colour.

Sure, blue was beautiful. Blue was bright. Blue was exciting. Blue was bold.

But so was the ocean.

And the ocean was all that, and more.

The ocean was violent waves. It was raging currents. It was rushing torrents. It was the unknown abyss. It was the host of numerous monstrous creatures.

It was terrifyingly beautiful.

Oceans may have always kept flowing, but that didn't mean that they were calm.

And it took Virgil far too long to realise that.

~~~~~~~~~~

It changed rapidly. It always did.

That shouldn't have been strange, but he was literally the embodiment of anxiety; he observed far more than necessary.

He was always alert for any danger or risks, of course he'd have to have exceptional observational skills. Besides, somewhere out there, his soulmate was experiencing so many emotions. So many, in fact, that they seemed to overwhelm and consume them.

And there he was, sitting there, staring at the constantly changing bracelet on his wrist. He may have wanted to look for his soulmate, help them even, but he was too scared.

Too scared that he'd get attached to someone who didn't even want to be his soulmate.

Too scared that he'd get attached to someone who didn't even want to be in a relationship.

Too scared that he'd get attached to someone he couldn't help.

Too scared that he'd get attached to someone who he wouldn't be able to understand.

Too scared that he'd get attached to someone who wouldn't be able to understand him.

Too scared to even consider the fact that his soulmate might even hate him for prying.

Too scared to even consider the fact that they could be happy for a while before it all came tumbling down.

Too scared to get hurt.

Too scared.

The bracelet was a curse and a blessing at the same time. It told him that there was someone out there for him. Which, sure, was great. But... that simultaneously made it all the more scary.

You see, it was well known that most people had a bracelet wrapped around their dominant hand's wrist since birth. It wasn't put on or anything. They just had it. And they couldn't remove it.