Princey (OT5 - Poly)

Ship: OT5 Poly (yup, including Thomas!)

Originally gonna be Prinxiety, but I decided against it.

Imagine that Virgil and Roman got along pretty well in the past for this fic, btw. Based on how Roman got the nickname Prince(y).

Note is at the bottom!

"Darlings, I've never asked, but where did the nicknames Prince and Princey come from?"

Logan let out a thoughtful hum, thinking about the answer to Roman's question.

"I believe it was Virgil's idea originally."

Patton and Thomas just smiled, remembering when Virgil approached them and told them about the nickname.

The anxious trait just shrugged, untangling himself from their cuddle pile and sitting up. The others followed suit, settling themselves in a circle as Virgil began to recall how the nickname came to be.

"Okay. Remember when Roman was mainly Creativity, even though he was also Romance and Ego? Well, that's what I call them at least."

Everyone nodded their heads, remembering the days where Roman was a young trait with low self-esteem.

"Okay. So..."

~flashback~

"I'm sorry!" Creativity squeaked as he bumped into Logic.

"It caused no trouble on my end. No harm done."

Creativity nodded, excusing himself timidly before rushing off to his room.

Frowning, Logic thought about how the only time Creativity would break out of his shell was when he had a burst of creativity or when he came up with innovative ideas. He was never confident outside of that, tending to keep to himself and trying his best not to inconvenience others.

Shaking his head, Logic sighed. Even though he would never admit it, he did care about the others. He didn't like the way that Creativity would shy away from attention or be fairly quiet around them.

~flashback end~

"That's just one example. Roman had a low amount of confidence in his interaction with us." Virgil stated.

"I have a question!" Patton chirped.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you calling us by our old names?"

"Because it shows that we were a lot more distant in the past and we didn't know much about each other."

"Ooh. Okay!"

"There were times where Thomas was older when Ego appeared more frequently. But not by much, unfortunately."

~flashback~

Even as the curtains drew closed, Thomas could still hear the deafening applause from the other side. Sure, it might not have been just for him, but to be a part of a musical (and his first one at that) with a bunch of other amazing members was an an achievement in and of itself.

It might not have been a professional musical, but he had been chosen out of countless other people who auditioned and he hadn't messed up! Not once. He didn't stuff up any lines, he didn't break character and he was quite believable, if he did say so himself.

He basked in the congratulatory remarks and claps, standing tall at the pride coursing into him.

Meanwhile, Roman was standing in the control room, taking a breath at the rush of confidence that he felt. He felt... strong. Empowered. Capable.