Flaw (OTP - Prinxiety)

Ship: Prinxiety (after like, ages)

TW: Self-deprecating thoughts kinda.

I got this idea from a friend of mine. I'll explain in the note.

Note is at the bottom! Enjoy!

He hated it.

He hated the way his words slurred together.

He hated the way he had trouble pronouncing certain letters.

He hated the way his voice didn't sound natural.

He hated the thought of having to repeat himself if he were to reveal his flaw.

He hated his lisp.

Especially since he was the fanciful trait, he had to be loud with his opinions, full of confidence and be Thomas' source of inspiration. Overall, Roman hated the fact that there was an expectation placed over him as the creative trait. 

Everyone thought he didn't have self-esteem issues. Wrong. Dead wrong

Thankfully, he had potions which concealed his lisp. They worked outside his room, so he didn't need to worry about that. Instead, his issue was if someone entered his room. 

Unfortunately, the potions were ineffective in his room. They wore off the moment he stepped into it, which is probably why he spent so much time in the Common Rooms, outside or basically anywhere except his room. Because not only did he hate his lisp but none of the other traits, or Thomas, knew and he wanted to keep it that way. He feared the day that they entered his room. He'd been trying to get over his lisp every opportunity he got, but so far, the progress was going too slowly. Since they'd recently gone to Virgil's room, he could assume he would have a maximum of two months before the dreaded day. 

That didn't mean he stopped completely though. He kept going, despite the fact he knew they were going to find out eventually. For now, the small piece of cold comfort he got was the fact that he still had a chance, even though it seemed practically impossible. 

~timeskip to about a month and a half later~

"Roman!" 

Roman felt the tugging of Thomas summoning him so, drinking one of the potions, he struck his prince-ly (is that a word?...meh) pose and allowed himself to be summoned. 

"How may I be of assistance, Thomas?" A grin followed his words, happy to hear the absence of his flaw in his voice. No matter how many times he did it, he still felt giddy having a voice that sound like, well, a voice.  

But nothing could lessen the impact of Thomas' next words.

"Just wanted to tell you that we're filming in your room tomorrow, so you should clean up any messes you might have lying around." 

Crack.

The sound of his mask cracking. 

"Very well! I must depart! There are many messes to vanquish!"

Hastily, he sunk back down, leaving Thomas with the impression that Roman was rushing to clean his room. 

However, the moment Roman sunk back down, he stumbled around until he collapsed into his bed, curling into his blanket, trying to somehow will away the crack in his self-esteem that was seemingly spreading further and further each second. He could feel the black cloud settling over his mind, making it hard for him to differentiate between right, wrong, left, right, calm, panic. He could feel any control over himself slipping away like sand through his fingers. Any moment now, he would lose consciousness with how panic-stricken he had become.