Excuse (OTP - Moxiety)

Ship: Moxiety (established relationship)

This is fluff as a sorta apology for messing with you guys again, lmao.

And no, I'm not going to do a part 2 for 'Beckoning'. I wanna leave it unresolved, haha.

This is a twist on a sick fic, where Virgil just needs an excuse to cuddle.

Note is at the bottom!

To say Virgil wasn't the best at expressing his emotions was an understatement.

Not only was it difficult for him to identify his emotions, but he had difficulty getting over the anxiousness of expressing it freely without being shot down. He'd been through that so often that he had learnt to avoid it. His whole life, he had been hated, ignored, avoided and dismissed. His thoughts and ideas were automatically rendered bad or useless because of the sole reason that he was 'Anxiety'. He had been conditioned since forming to expect having his opinion left out.

So when he was finally, finally accepted, he had trouble adjusting. Why wouldn't he?

This was especially the case when he was finally able to confess his feelings to Patton. He didn't expect to have his feelings returned. And he was okay with that. He had had plenty of time to come to terms with his romantic attraction and he had already perfected restraining his emotions. He only confessed because he had the opportunity to be listened to after numerous years of not being listened to.

But to his surprise, Patton did end up returning his romantic feelings. Virgil had been so surprised that he collapsed onto the ground, a sobbing mess. He'd been wrapped up in a warm embrace and he suddenly realised that he was touch-starved.

He wanted to be hugged. He wanted to hold hands. He wanted to cuddle. He wanted to be kissed. He wanted to kiss.

Never before had he known how nice it was to be treated gently. It was a huge step away from his previous treatment. He craved the comfort he found in Patton and his fond gestures and he knew he wanted more.

But he was never the best at expressing his emotions.

~~~~~~~~~~

They had been dating for almost 3 months. Virgil had never felt so happy and Patton had been significantly more cheerful. Roman was always cooing at them, often finding ways to tease Virgil about his blushing underneath his foundation. Logan acted as if he found their affection irritating or frivolous but they could all see the fond sparkle glinting behind his eyes.

In that time, they had shared kisses almost every single day and held hands as often as they could. Patton tended to give Virgil short hugs at least once a week. Patton only gave short ones because he was under the impression that Virgil was never really one for too much close contact.

And he couldn't be more wrong.

Virgil longed to cling onto Patton for a long hug, but could never muster the courage to do so. He had wanted to tell Patton that he absolutely adored close contact but the words would never come out.

And they hadn't cuddled even once yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

It had been 4 months and although Virgil appreciated the sweet kisses, loving gazes and smiles reserved only for him, he wanted more. He wanted to cuddle with Patton. He wanted to be held in Patton's arms, bask in his warmth and listen to the sound of his heart.